Decree

I stared at the oldest of magic in awe once more. I could only imagine what their true form looked like. Though they hosted the bodies of my enemies and family, their power surrounded me in the most unhuman way possible. The energy that released from their souls was almost tangible, like a silk drape that I could reach out and grab. They stood frightening still as their eyes were stuck upon my face.

"It is nice to see you once more young Seer." The one inside Alxander spoke and I shuddered slightly as the voice was unearthly in its tone. Deep and whole, yet like a whisper.

"You must tell her. She has no reason to trust us." Zamora spoke hastily as she walked towards us with her sister.

"Tell me what? Why did you send them here?" I did not understand anything at this point.

"The cave."

"It was to be protected." The Seers spoke one at time as they had done the last time I had spoken to them.

"There lies a portal."

"To the future." That word. Still so foreign to my own ears.

"You are saying that there is a portal to take you out of this time?"

"Yes."

"A time where this slavery does not exist."

"Where we are considered free." Zarina spoke as she stood near me with her eyes on the Seers.

"Nathoria?"

"The Kingdom was true to its name."

"But they had no knowledge as to what lay under."

"Well, all but one." They looked to me at the end of their words. Almost wanting me to answer but I had no knowledge of what they spoke of.

"I don't understand."

"Who was alive during Nathoria's reign?" It was Zamora who spoke and asked the question to me.

"Aleena." I spoke softly.

"Yes Nasya."

"Aleena found the portal."

"But the stories-"

"The stories do not say what happened to her."

"They stop."

"As if she disappeared." I finished. Aleena, of my bloodline, discovered this magic well before her time. "She is there now, the future."

"That she is." Zamora answered.

"Alive?" Aleena disappeared ages ago.

"Very much so." Zarina added quickly.

"I still don't understand what this has to do with me? And the prophecy?"

"There are many tales in every World Nasya."

"You have uncovered the one in yours."

"The two that stand before you are of your prophecy."

"But as you stand before them, you are of their prophecy."

Suddenly the room was in motion once more. Everyone was back in their place and I was left in a daze and even more confused as I looked around frantically. The girls were placed back once more in the center of the room with the royal family back up on their thrones and Nikoli standing beside me once more.