Unmasked

My eyes burned with a vicious heat that made my reality feel almost impossible. But I was placed once more in the blazing castle of the Last King. The clashing of swords caught my attention as I ran to the darkest corner.
The Last King and O'Siren met metal with metal. The King growing tired from the heat and O'Siren's rage carrying him through. Troy aimed for the Last King's heart but was met with metal. The Last King let out a groan as strength was pitted against strength.

"You are no King to this land!" Troy let out in a strangled voice, laced with anger and no resolution.

"And you are? You think because you know what to do with that sword that you can defeat any and all enemies!" They broke free from each other before launching once more. Whipping his sword with vengeance, Troy swung down and clashed once more with the Last King. The King quickly grabbed hold of Troy's wrist, twisting it so his sword fell to the ground. With a war cry he kicked him in the chest. "You were a boy when I found you!" A punch to his face. "Still are a boy!"

"You are a traitor of your kind. Those...those beings are not our allies!" Troy stood with a huff of anger. "They will ruin us because you let them through our damn walls!" He lunged and caught the King by his waist. They struggled for dominance on the floor. Punches thrown, screams and grunts of tired anger.

"You are blinded by a rage you cannot control! A past you will not accept." The Last King had Troy by his neck and sent him into a wall. The castle around them was burning, the smoke almost pulsing through the walls themselves. "I am no traitor to any. You, who stand here a second son!" The colors of grey and red blocked my eyes as I heard my name being called.

"Nasya? Nasya can you hear me?" It was barely a whisper, but the desperation stood strong.

"Nikoli?" I breathed out. My vision almost separating from past and present. The darkened room becoming bright with the sun, but soon the dark overtook the light.

"A child born from a witch. A warlock of no major power. Yet, a sister who could see it all! The Souls themselves knew of your malice."  My tears got stuck in my throat as I heard the King's words. A warlock? My eyes found Troy O'Siren as he screamed with malice. He launched himself as the King and they went blow for blow. Trey gained the upper hand and striked with his fist to the King's throat before sending a foot to his chest. He stalked the King like prey, each step promising great pain.

"It was always supposed to be me! I was the second born! Not her!" He struck the Last King in the face. "And look what life has gotten me. At the feet of a King who worships those whores!"

"A cruel fate for you and yet so fitting. You know nothing of what it takes to rule anything! The sacrifices, the merit."

"Nasya!" My head whipped to my left where I found the form of the mother witch. "Nasya!" I squeezed my eyes shut in pain. My head was a wall of pressure. I let out a grunt as I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder.

"You need to keep calm. You need to breathe." My focus was becoming split between the mother witch and the Kings before me. My eyes found Troy as he stood over the Last King.

"Do you think of me a mere warlock now?" Troy sneered. Suddenly his hand grabbed air, though it was not long before I understood what was happening, before the Last King started choking. An invisible force was holding onto his throat. My eyes widened with panic. Magic. Troy O'Siren is a warlock.

"No, no, no, no, NO!" I screamed out in disbelief. The King's life was leaving him and Troy stood in all his false glory. This whole time, he was yet a brother in my World.

"Vaslya Nasya! Vaslya!" The mother witch quickly grabbed hold of my face and stared into my eyes. The room started to buzz and brighten the longer I stared into her as she started to chant. Soon my vision doubled as I looked at her. My head becoming heavy. I let out a scream of pain before my eyes saw the crashing of the sun. I felt my legs give out from under me and dropped to the floor. My heart was running fast, and the air was thick.