Immoral

Dinner was very hostile to say the least. The Queen and King bickered back and forth about me and the kingdom, but mostly how the King had no respect for himself or for that matter, respect for me. It had surprised me how the Queen was, rather suddenly, defending me. Alexander was of no help. He continued to glare at me throughout dinner.

When the table was cleared and everyone was up and ready to leave the Queen surprised me yet again by requesting me to stay with her a little longer. King O'Siren glared at his wife and hastily left. Alexander gave a look to his mother, one I couldn't decipher, and left the room as well.

I stood next to the chair waiting for the Queen to speak.

"Come sit with me Nasya." Her voice soft. I walked over and sat next to her at the window that looked out the Kingdom. The breeze swept through the elegant dining room. The lights rattled just a bit. "I wanted to apologize for my rude behavior since we last saw each other." The Queen was full of surprises this night.

"If I may speak, my Queen," she nodded, "I hold no grudges nor any thoughts on that matter." The Queen chuckled.

"Surely me throwing a knife at your head was not what you had plan that evening."

"It was definitely a new sight." I said softly. I saw the Queen's eyes soften. She sighed, looking at the corner of the room. "The world has changed since witches have became known to Kingdoms all around. Seers, especially." She looked at me and I squirmed under her gaze. "Kings rather keep beauty over essence." I felt a pang in my chest. Her words spoke millions of other unspoken ones. "When you first arrived here I thought you would be useful, not in a million years did I think that my husband would give you the same lustful looks he used to give me." I put I head down in shame.

"I assure you my Queen, it was never my intention to take your place. You will always be his wife, the one he claims to the world. I am nothing but a mistress."

"I hope you remember that." I looked at her grey eyes intently. She seemed to be thinking upon something in her head before speaking. "Nonetheless, this castle needs you here. The Kingdom needs you here. I won't have it falling apart if a scandal such as this were to come out."

"A scandal it is." I whispered. The Queen smiled.

"I'm glad we understand each other." She stood up and left the room without another word. I was rooted in my spot taking deep breaths. That woman had a way of making me feel tens times smaller than I already did.

I stood and exited the dining room only to be shoved up against the wall. My heart hammered in my chest as I met King O'Siren's hard eyes.

"What did you tell her?" He squeezed my arm and I winced in pain.

"Nothing she doesn't already know." His eyes were blazing now. I'd like to believe that the King had gotten used to my behavior when it came to him. I wasn't necessarily a slave in this house, but I did have to watch what I say. Being in this castle changed me over time, I learned that he couldn't get rid of me even if he wanted to. I was his prize. Besides I had seen...and done too much to just be able to walk out the door or even try to make my escape.

"I'd watch that tongue of yours. Wouldn't want to regret it later now would we Nasya." He leaned in closer. His cold breath nuzzled my neck.

"Father." The King turned to his son. I kept my eyes to ground. I couldn't look at him. Especially in the position I was currently in.

"Ah, Alexander shouldn't you be in your room." I could tell by the King's voice that he was annoyed.

"I probably should, but I haven't been here in almost a year. I seem to have gotten lost." If I was mistaken, Alexander seemed to have humor in his voice. I finally looked up and saw a smirk on his face.

"Aren't you supposed to be staying with your mother?"

"She said that we needed to bond. I am to stay here until my coronation. It is just a couple months away. Surely, you can deal with me for a little while." His eyes harden as he stared at his father. The King tensed as he spoke,

"She did not inform me of this. But nonetheless, you are my son and are always welcome. After all, you are to be King," He all but snarled the last word. "Nasya would ever be so kind to escort my son to his quarters." And with that the King left. Leaving Alexander and I to stare at each other.

I'm not all to sure how long we stayed there just looking, but I was getting fidgety under his gaze.

"Your room is this way, my Prince." I started walking to the end of the hall. I heard Alexander follow closely behind.

"He's gone Nasya. There is no need for formalities." I suppressed an eye roll.

"Seeming as how you are the King's son, you wouldn't get punished." I stopped in front of the door that was his bedroom. "Others aren't so lucky." He chuckled at that, it was music to my ears. It was true that I had developed feelings for him over the course of the time that he had stayed with his father and when we were little I'd liked to think that he was a guardian. But now, times have changed, I've changed, been tainted and Alexander knew all too well of what I have done with his father.

"Still got that tongue of yours." He smirked at me knowingly. I shuddered in disgust. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"If this is your attempt at a joke-"

"It wasn't." He answered almost immediately. I stared at him in curiosity. His heart was pumping twice as much blood as a human should have and he was sweaty.

"You haven't been gone long, my Prince. Surely you could have remembered your own door." All I wanted was to head to bed. I knew the King wouldn't want anything to do with me tonight. He was always distance after the Queen made her presence noticed.

"Are you questioning my intelligence?" I stared at him.

"Is there something wrong Alexander?" His behavior was very odd. I know we didn't speak much before he left, but he was never this tense around me.

"Who is the one who talked about punishment now." He was amused.

"Formalities aren't needed when you are speaking with acquaintances." I stated simply. Alexander's eyes glazed over. He took a step toward me. I held my stance.

"Let's me make this clear. You and I are not acquaintances, we are not friends. You are the woman that whores around with my father, a married man. You have caused my mother pain. You are my father's. I want nothing to do with you. Address me by my title or not at all. Am I clear?" I stood frozen at his sudden change of playfulness to threats. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. I averted my gaze to the floor.

"I apologize, my Prince." Alexander stood in front of me for another second before stepping back.

"You are dismissed." He sneered. I bowed.

"Goodnight." I walked away, when I was at the end of the hall I jumped slightly at the sound of Alexander slamming his door shut.