True Sight

We walked into the hall, the white stream headed down the corridor and then left. Asani held onto me tight as we followed it. Her fear making her shake and mine making me silent, our breath could be heard for miles if need be. We came upon Doren and Chael as they stood at the end. They held their stance high and with a look that would greet death gladly. Everything was still. It reminded me of the Seer of Souls and if I would see them once more; it brought a comfort if we were. I searched for Nikoli but did not see him anywhere in the common room.

Asani stopped abruptly and pulled me back with a lurch. My face looking to her before looking in front of us to find the young Seer who was the daughter of the mother witch. And another girl in rags who had come from the steps of the dungeon. She must have just awakened, looking nothing over the day of ten, if not younger. Her rags of clothes hung on her shoulders as she looked to us in wonder but mostly frightened.

"What are your names?" I asked both of them. I saw the light streaming from their bodies and join ours before they turned to one and led even further down the castle.

"Anna." The older girl who had a witch for a mother. I looked to the younger one. Her small eyes were a bright blue and her body was screaming to be fed. I walked closer to her and kneeled down.

"Melina." She said.

"You came from the dungeon?" Asani asked, her voice full of wonder as I too was now beginning to see a bigger problem. Melina looked to Asani for a long while before her eyes landed on me and she nodded her head.

"Is your family there?" O'Siren had released all below the age of ten, though the rest of the beings still slept in the castle. I had not even had the chance to go back to see them. To see my mother.

"My brother. Our parents died last summer; the Knights had to bring me with him."

"Is he of magic?" I asked now wondering what she could be doing here...if she were truly a Seer.

"Yes." I looked to Asani, her face holding a grave look. She was a second child, but had not awakened. "What is happening?" Her voice trembled.

"You have not awakened yet." I pushed her hair from her face, but it was her eyes that stopped me. She already knew.

"My mother told me it could take years before I could See." Melina's eyes watered ever so slowly. "If I cannot See then why am I here?" Asani that answered her in a low voice.

"Because magic calls to each other." Anna looked to Melina in a wonder before she spoke next words.

"If she cannot See, then that means they do not know. The Kings." My eyes widened at her words, she had to be a mere twelve years, but she already knew the weight of our power.

"Does anyone call on your brother? Is he in debted too?"

"No. Many have tried but he does not. He protects me, he shields me. It puts him in danger," she said softly. "My mother told me to hide if he ever went missing. She told me to run." Asani gasped as she tried to calm herself.

Find them.

Anna jumped in fright and moved to hold onto to Asani as Melina made a slight scream in fear. It was a voice in our heads, though louder.

"It is okay Melina."

"I am scared."

"I know. But you have nothing to fear. Not now." Asani held onto Anna as we started to follow the light. It grew brighter and pulsed as we seemed to get closer. The castle was quiet, but the winds outside could still be heard loud and clear. It was not long before we found ourselves in the throne room. The long table in the middle was bright as the sun. We walked to it slowly before we saw the other Seers coming in from the other sides of the castle.