Chapter 32

Magnus Bane frantically entered his apartment, tearing off the jacket he was wearing discarding it to the ground along with his scarf.  He had just come back from helping Clay and Jace trap the prince of hell a Azazel in a force-field which he escaped from sending a blast of demonic energy through the group. The warlock looked around fro anything that he would be able to see his reflection in. Finally his eyes rested on a small make up mirror, he picked it up and was shocked and horrified to see his reflection. He saw that he, Valentine Morgerstern was trapped inside of the body of the warlock Magnus bane. He threw the mirror to the ground making it shatter and started to search all of the cabinets for something, anything that would get him back to his own body and not be trapped inside of a warlock.

"Looking for away to switch yourself back?" A cold voice that he knew drew his attention to the living room to see none other than Azazel himself sitting in one of the arm chairs swirling a glass of scotch in his hand. 

"You did this to me." Valentine said with a growl  marching into the living room. "You trapped me inside of a filthy warlock." His words were laced with disgust. 

"I wanted to give you incentive." Azazel set his glass down and stood up in a calm manner "You want freedom as a Shadowhunter? Give me all you know about the Mortal Guardians."

"Why? What value do they have to you." Valentine questioned.

"They hold the powers of heaven on earth. I want to dispose of them permanently so earth is left without the holy light they carry inside of them. Plus it will hurt Raziel."

"You'll have to switch me back first. The information is in a place where any demon-blooded intruder will be killed on sight."

"I have great faith in your ability to defy the odds." Azazel said growing impatient with Valentine. 

"I don't bargain with demons." Valentine said. With a simply flick of the risk Azazel sent out magic at caused Valentine to hold his head in pain as his knees started to give out. 

"Give me what I want, your you'll die a filthy warlock." 

________________________________________________________________________________ 

Alec sat on his blue bed sheets in the Sanctuary, legs crossed his phone in hand waiting for the person he was calling to pick up. After waiting a bit they answered. "Hey Alec." Magnus said sounding a bit off to the raven head like he didn't know what to say. 

"Hey, look, I know you had a rough night helping Clary with whatever she needed helping with, but, um, I was wondering if you wanted to come over  or I could just portal to yours. I Just want to talk to you."

"I wish I could help, but I'm busy with a client." Magnus responded quickly shooting down the idea which made Alec more worried as to going on with Magnus. Normally he won jump at the idea of being able to spend time together with him. 

"Are you ok? You don't sound like yourself?" 

"I had a rough night. Look, I need to get back to my client. " And with that Magnus hung up his end of the call leaving Alec very confused. He got up from his bed with a puzzled look on his face going off to find Avalon and Isabelle who were doing some sister bonding time. He needed to talk to them and see if he was just over reacting about Magnus or if something was really wrong. He walked over into the training room to see Avalon and Isabelle fighting each other with feather safes and Avalon winning. 

"So sister bonding is fighting each other." He called out making the two girls turn to look at him with a bit of a laugh. 

"Izzy wanted to see if she could bet me with just my shadowhunter abilities." A smirk speared across Avalon face as Isabelle rolled her eyes. "And Let's just say I won fair and square."