Chapter 9

It was late afternoon in Magnus's apartment. Alec had just received a phone call from Luke informing him and Avalon that he had been arrested by internal affairs in connection to the demonic murders. Both of them were furious. How could anyone think that their adopted father could do something as horrible as this. Luke had told them not to worry about him. Just focused on the task at hand. Get the cup. So Alec, Avalon, Ryan and Magnus all stood around the golden image of the institute going over the plan.

"So can you go over the plan one more time, just for my sake." Ryan asked looking at Avalon, who nodded.

"OK so basically the only people that know that me and Alec are the Mortal Guardian's are you, Magnus, Luke and our birth mother. Who we've never met." Avalon mumbled the last apart about her mother as Alec looked down along with her. Both Ryan and Magnus could tell that the twins felt a pain at the mention of Marsye Lightwood. Magnus placed his hand on Alec's shoulder and both of then smiled. Alec Breathed out and continued with the Plan.

"So when we found out that Jocelyn had the cup we knew we couldn't just go ahead and grab it right there and then. Otherwise she would out crazy and run off." Alec explained trying to stay as calm as possible, but truth be told he was panicking in the inside, all of them were.

"We knew that the only way to get the cup was to "steal it" when Clary found it." Avalon said putting air quotes around steal it. Ryan nodded slowly.

"Ok so why do you have to break into a highly secure place, like the institute were there are Shadowhunters everywhere?" He said pointing at the image of the institute with worry and concern flowing into his body language. Making him tap his foot like a nervous wreck.

"So people can witness them "stealing" the cup. And knowing most Shadowhunters they will blame it on the circle." Magnus stated, copying Avalon by putting air quotes around "stealing" with a huge evil like grin on his face as he did so. Everyone turned there attention back to the glowing, golden institute in the middle of the room. Alec used his magic to enlarge the image so they could see inside.

"So once we are there, me and Ava will cut the power. The power will be off for about a minute before the back up power will kick in. Then we get the cup jump out the window and portal to the sanctuary." Alec explained.

"Why jump out the window?" Ryan questioned very confused.

"Dramatic affect." Avalon answered doing some jazz hands to make everyone laugh to try and defuse the nervousness that was building in the room. But that one moment of laughter was stopped by Alec and Avalon not moving, seeming like they were in a type of trace. Silence fell over the group. Ryan snapped his fingers in front of his girlfriend to get a reaction. But nothing happened.

"Alexander?" Magnus turned Alec's head so he was looking into his eyes. But Magnus didn't see his normal, beautiful hazel eyes, instead he was met with glowing golden one's. Avalon's eyes were the same. Suddenly both of the twins grabbed their head and cried in pain and their markings started to glow gold. Their marking glowed brighter and brighter until the glow fill everyone eye line, blinding the werewolf and warlock.

"Put it back, put it back!!!" Both Alec and Avalon screamed in pain as they lost their balance fainting into their lovers arms. Ryan looked at Avalon, currently lying unconscious in his arms, and the same with Alec lying in Magnus's arms. Worry was clear in Ryan and Magnus's eyes as they tried to wake the twins, shaking them and pleading from them to wake up. Like a shot going off, Alec and Avalon bolted up coughing, while their eyes glowed. As their eyes went back to their normal hazel state, Ryan looked at Avalon as she let her muscles relax in his arms.

"What the hell just happened?" Ryan's voice pleading, begging for an answer. Avalon turned to Alec both hesitating.

"The cup." Alec uttered. "I called to us."

"What do you mean called?" Ryan said as he helped Avalon up onto the couch. Alec joined her, both of them feeling weak. Ryan stood there with his arm's crossed, waiting for an answer. Magnus turned to the young werewolf.

"Meaning Clary pulled it out of the card and it called out to it's guardian's for them to come and get it." Magnus spoke calmly.

"We heard voices." Alec looked at Magnus, as he spoke for himself and his sister. "We heard the voices, the souls of the people who have been turned by the cup." He rubbed his temple. "It always calls out to us, when ever me and Ava are near the card we hear all of these whispers. I guess it was amplified when it was pulled out." Alec said softly seeing how concerned Ryan was for his sister. Ryan knelt down in front of Avalon, looking her in the eye.

"If it did this to you, how will even get if it keeps invading your head with voices." Avalon grabbed Ryan's delicate hands looking at him.

"We'll be fine Ry. It called out to us, me and Alec. We have to get it before Valentine does, Once we get the cup it will stop calling to us." Ryan bit his lower lip, unsure. "I'll be fine." He nodded and kissed her on the forehead softly before pulling her in to hug.

"I hate to kill the mood, but aren't we forgetting something?" Magnus mentioned as everyone's eyes went wide.

"She's on her way back to the institute. If Clary pulled the cup she'd on her way back." Alec said with panic. "We have to get there now!"

"Not two seconds ago you both were unconscious." Ryan remarked. "unconscious!" Both Alec and Avalon stood up, snapped their fingers as a blue kind of drink appeared in their hands. Both of them gulped it down. "What is that?"

"Let's just say it get us strength." Avalon Said with a smirk, before making a face of disgust. "And god it taste awful. I think I just threw up in my mouth. Now were ready to "steal" the cup."

"Not dressed like that." Everyone looked at Magnus. "They'll know it's you two committing the crime." He waved his hand and blue sparks flew over to the twins turning their clothes into Shadowhunter gear, covered head to toe in leather. Complete with metal masks so no one would see their faces. Magnus smiled proud of his work. The twins took off their masks and smiled. "Much better." Alec walked over to Magnus giving him a quick passionate kiss on the lips.

"Thank you." He mumbled as he turned back to face his sister who bit her lip and smiled. "Oh shut up."

"Can two look bad ass." Ryan said sounding impressed. Avalon laughed as she waved her hand over the image of the  institute disappear.

"Now let go get that cup." She announced as Magnus created a portal to the New York institute.

A/N

Not My best work. But I hope you all enjoyed it, and let the story unfold. Until next time