Chapter 43

As the golden portal closed behind the group of Shadowhunters and the one werewolf who accompanied then, the shdowhunters looked around the hallway they had been transported to in utter amazement. Gazing upon the stain glassed windows with sunlight pouring through them, casting the multiple colors onto the stone floor. "Just as amazing as I remember." Isabelle Lightwood mumbled under her breath, but her fellow shadowhunters turned to her in confusion. 

"You've been here before?" Clary asked, with Jace raising an eyebrow. 

"Once." 

"You guys going to chat all day, or we going to meet with Luke and Magnus?" Ryan smiled, saying the whole sentence in an inpatient manner, getting sick of the Shadowhunters making a polite, little conversation. Jace rolled his eyes and motioned for the werewolf to lead the way, since none of them really knew their way around. Quickly turning on his heel, Ryan walked, through the halls of the Sanctuary. Clary, Jace and Isabelle looking at the several doors and statues of many different angels and Shadowhunters they pasted as they followed Ryan, seeing all of the runes craved into the wall stone walls. 

"Is it just me or does it feel like we'er in more of a castle then a Sanctuary or an Institute?" Clary asked, her head turning to Jace and Isabelle who couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"It is the first Institute." Jace pointed out. "Original home to the Mortal instruments and to Johnathan Shadowhunter himself and the other first Shadowhunters. They wanted a place worthy of the angel himself. Why not a castle from heaven?" Suddenly they all came to a sort of sudden stop, seeing that Ryan was standing in front of two wooden paneled doors. Having old iron handles with the swirls of metal coming out of them, matching the iron swirls on the corners of the doors. Putting his hand on one of the handles, pushing the door open and walking though, followed by the Shadowhunters of course. 

As they stepped through the door, they all saw they had entered a grand library. Much bigger than the once back at the institute. Clary knew that this is where Avalon would have spent most of her time here, after all the girl was a book worm. Even Isabelle was amazed by the room. Sure she'd been to the sanctuary before, but she didn't really take a tour of the place. Not that Alec and Avalon didn't offer her one. As the group noticed the table right smack bang in the middle of the room with dozens of books and pieces of paper scattered across it, they also noticed the three people standing around it. One of them being considerably shorter than the rest. It was Max, Luke and Magnus, all of whom looked at the group, relived to see them but worried at the same time. The moment Isabelle saw here little brother she pushed past Clary, Jace and Ryan, engulfing Max in the tightest hug possible. 

"Max, thank the angel your safe." Isabelle released her brother from the hug looking the boy in the eyes. "Why didn't you tell me where you were?" 

"I kind of broke my phone after Alec and Ava portaled me here. And I got a bit sidetracked." Max looked down, causing everyone else to look at Magnus and Luke who both had a look of dread and time running out on them, thing going on. 

"What is it?" Ryan dared to ask the question. "What'd you guys find?"

"Something bad." Luke answered. "Something we all wish wasn't true." 

"Well you gonna stand there being all cryptic or explain?" Jace questioned as he and Clary joined the rest of the group standing around the table. 

"It seems Alec and Avalon knew another way to raise the angel Raziel." Magnus said all to bluntly, earning him shocked faces from Isabelle, Clary and Jace.

"How?" Clary asked. "I thought the only way to raise the angel was with the instruments"

"It's the way we know of biscuit. Max would you care to elaborate?" 

"When Alec and Avalon portaled me here I didn't know what to. I couldn't call anyone, send a fire message because of the barrier outside, I didn't know how to get pass it. So I decide to look around, thinking they may have been a permanent portal or something, which there wasn't. Then I found the library and found these." Max motioned to the many book that covered the table. Each one having the same green cover leather, numbers on the spine, looking more like diaries than a book of information. Ryan instantly reconsidered these diaries.

"Those are Johnathan Shadowhunters journals. The one's he used when he was studying the instrument. It was how we found out about the soul sword's power to wipe out demon blooded creatures. What about them?" Ryan question, wanting to know what these books had to to with all of this. 

"I noticed that one was missing." Max explained. "And having nothing better to do I decide to try and find it. Couldn't find it in here, so I decide to look else where and I stumbled across Alec and Ava's rooms and I looked in them." 

"Max." Isabelle whisper shouted in a harsh tone, making the boy mouth sorry to his sister. 

"It's a good thing he did." Luke assured making Max feel a bit better about the whole thing. "Because he found the missing journal and it makes thing a hell of a lot worse."

"How worse?" Isabelle questioned. 

"Like Alexander and Avalon being the things Valentine needs to raise Raziel." Magnus, once again said bluntly, picking up the journal and reading a section of it aloud.

"In my study of the instruments I found out something truly unsettling, information that I hope never leave this journal for this institute. While it is true that their is a way to raise Raziel with the  instruments from where he first was summoned, there is another way to raise him, a more gruesome way. A way that involves the Mortal guardians. Raziel himself warned me of this in vision when I found this out. If the time ever comes where the Guardians are chosen and the instruments are in there rightful place, hidden in the vault, a sort of power would be granted to them, both a blessing and a curse. They would become embodiment's of the heavenly objects causing the runes in all institutes, present and future ones to glow in a golden light, making them stronger. There powers growing. That's the blessing. The curse is something I hope is never found out. That if the guardians blood is split in that waters of where Raziel was summoned, where he first roses, then and guardians could be used as vessels to summon the angel back to the mortal plane. A process that could kill them if done."   

No one knew what to say, leaving Magnus to close the book and letting the gravity of the situation set in with Ryan, Isabelle, Clary and Isabelle understanding now why Valentine took Alec and Avalon. They where his key to completing his goal, to summon Raziel from heaven ad to use the wish to re-make the Shadow-worlds in his own twisted image. "So Valentine is going to use Alec and Avalon to raise the angel." Isabelle spoke, grimly. 

"We can still stop him from doing that." Clary said. "We know where he'll be taking them. Lake Lyn, it's where Razeil was first summoned." 

"It also used to be the mortal mirror." Luke mumbled, making all the Shadowhunter look at him in surprise. 

"It makes sense now. what Alec and Avalon told us about the mirror. Reflect on which can be distorted. You can see your reflection in water and it can be distorted if you touch the water. Clever." Clary said making the rest if the group nod, as they heard two sets of phones go off. One being Isabelle's and one being Luke's. 

"Great, just great. There's a demon problem back home."

"And Maia is missing, taken by the Seelie queen. As told by the text thank to Simon." Luke sighed with thing only seeming to get worse for the group as time past.

"We split int teams then." Jace suggested. "To tackle each problem. Izzy, you Max and Magnus go to New York and deal with the demons. Luke and Ryan find Maia. Me and Clary will go to Lake and Lyn and stop Valentine from summoning Raziel." Every sliently nodded, agreeing with the blonde's plan. With Magnus make a portal for each of the three groups. Before anyone could walk through the portals Luke looked at Jace dead in the eye. 

"Don't let my kids die." He spoke, then walked through the portal with Ryan, going to get a Maia back, with everyone else disappearing from the Sanctuary library, hoping and praying that they could all stop Valentine.                 

A/N

This isn't good😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨Did anyone see it coming? please tell me if you did. Until next time.