Chapter 16

Alec sat on the couch in Magnus' apartment with Avalon, both of them just watching Luke paced back and forth in front of them, making them a bit nervous. Magnus walked over to the pair and looked at the very stressed out werewolf. "How long has he been doing that?" He asked.

"About half an hour." Alec said turning to Magnus who nodded. "Luke please stop pacing it making us very nervous." Luke stopped to look at Alec and Avalon.

"I'm trying to figure out what to do. Wait why are you all so calm about this?" Luke asked. "You two have a plan." He said making Avalon and Alec bit their lips. "Tell me what it is."

"It's the original plan." Avalon calmly spoke. "Me and Alec go to the Sanctuary and hide out there it's what you told us to do in the first place until Simon and Clary got kidnapped. I've told Ryan and he agrees that it the best thing to do at this point." Luke looked at the raven haired twins sitting in front of him, with watery eyes. "You've always protected us, now we have to protect ourselves for a change." Alec and Avalon got up as Luke engulfed them in a tight hug. The trio stayed like this for a few moments before pulling apart with Magnus standing up to join them.

"When do you go?" He asked looking at Alec.

"Tonight, it gives us time to say goodbye to Clary and Simon." Alec grabs Magnus's hand and looked into his golden, green eyes. "We'll be fine, plus you can visit anytime." The room filled with silences all of them knowing that this was the best option on keeping the twins safe for now.
________________________________________________________________________________

Magnus taps his fingers, impatiently on the table in the main control center of the institute. He'd been called there to help Jace and Clary figure out what warlock brewed the potion that but Jocelyn to sleep. Magnus watched as Jace sat down at the table with Clary walking over to them, preparing himself for the awkwardness between the two lovers turned siblings. "Morning." Clary said looking at the table.

"Morning. You just come from training?" Jace asks looking at the table  in front of him.

"Yeah. I'm working on my right hook."

"Good. That's a good punch."

"Yeah. I'm working on it."

"While this conversation is no doubt scintillating remind me why we couldn't do this at my place? At least here we'd have cocktails." Magnus interrupted the now siblings from their very awkward conversation.

" It's 9:00 in the morning." Clary argued.

" Oh, it's happy hour somewhere, my dear." Magnus dropped a wink at Clary who just shrugged it off.

"We invited you here, Magnus, because Hodge can't leave the Institute. He's an important part of this mission." Jace said to the warlock who was becoming more impatience by the minute. He just wanted to get this over and done with as soon as possible so he could go and see Alec who went to the Sanctuary Last night.

"Well, then where is our tardy little tutor? "

"Pardon the delay, Magnus. I was following up on a lead." Magnus narrowed his eyes at the former circle member. " Now, we've narrowed down our list of warlocks to these three." Hodge touches the tablet in his hands to make images of Tessa Grey, Rangor Fell and Catariana loss appear on the screen in front of them.

"Why is Ragnor Fell up there? He's not more powerful than I am." Magnus points to the picture of his friend.

"Well, some would disagree. He is older than you."

"Certainly not wiser."

"Who is Ragnor Fell?" Clarys crossing her arms.

"The former High Warlock of London." Jace reads off the screen.

"And one of my oldest friends." Magnus adds. "Very prickly, likes to keep to himself."

"Okay, look. We just need to figure out which one of these warlocks had enough access to Jocelyn that they could create the potion for her without anyone discovering what they'd done." Hodge says seeming to want to speed this whole this up a bit.

"By the early '90s, Ragnor was a professor at the Shadowhunter Academy in Idris."

" Isn't that when my mother lived there?" Clary looks at Magnus. "Could he have made the potion for her?"

"The little bugger! That's why he hasn't responded to my fire message. Ever since Valentine began hunting warlocks, Ragnor's been holed up in his secret country house just outside of London. For all I know, Ragnor suspected my fire message was a ploy by Valentine to lure him out of hiding. We'll have to confront him face-to-face." Magnus looks at everyone very seriously as they all gave him a surprised look.

"You're going on this mission?" Hodge asks with the surprised tome Magnus expected.

"Of course! I'm the only one Ragnor trusts. Besides, he is my friend" They all looked at each for a moment before Jace started to nod.

"Ok get ready then, we leave in an hour" Jace stand up from the table along with everyone else as they readied themselves for the mission ahead. Magnus walked out of the control center only to hear Clary calling after him. He stooped and turned around.

"What is it biscuit?" He asks as he notice Clary look around the institute as if he was being watched by someone.

"Can we talk?" She asks in hushed voice.

"What about? If it's about you mother don't worry we'll be able to wake her."

"It's not that."

"Then what is it?" Clary stayed silent before grabbing Magnus by the wrist, dragging him off to an empty hallway.

"I went to another dimension, and things were different." Clary said to Magnus who was confused as to where this conversation was going.

"Well of course it was different, no two dimensions are the same."

"I know that." Clary snapped. "It's just over there my friends, Luke's kids."

"Alec and Ava, what about them?" Magnus became interested as to what Clary was going to say next this curiosity growing.

"They were Isabelle's siblings." Magnus eyes went wide at this. "Is It possible that they are her siblings here? Could they be the lost Lightwoods?"

"I don't know." Magnus said quietly then looks Clary straight in the eyes. "Clary don't tell anyone about this especially not Izzy. Don't give her false her hope that her siblings might still alive after being presumed dead for nearly twenty years." Clary nodded then walked way from Magnus who was now hoping and praying to she didn't put two and two together and figure the giant secret he was keeping. But he knew one thing for certain, he had to call Alec right now and fill him in.

A/N

NOW CLARY'S STARTING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT!! WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT!!!!!

(Well I know because i'm the author)

Until next time everyone.