Chapter 4

Alec and Avalon jumped out of the portal, landing at the back entrance of the Jade Wolf Chinese restaurant. As both of looked around, they saw a boy that looked then same age as them with dirty blond hair, slightly tanned skin and deep brown eyes. Avalon recognized him instantly and ran to him. Both engulfing each other in a hug "Ryan." She whispered as she buried her head into his shoulder. Alec couched to let the both of them know that he was still there. Ryan and Avalon released each other from their grip and Avalon sent her twin a death glare. 

"I see you two got my message." Ryan  happily said while holding onto Avalon's hand. "I didn't know if you would get it in time, considering you both live in the middle of the ocean on a hidden island." 

"But we did get it in time, so where are they?" Alec said quickly, wanting to get both Simon and Clary out of there. 

"They'er both inside, but Clary is in the front of the restaurant surrounded by  the rest of the pact. The mundie however, is in the back, where we put wolves during the full moon sometimes."   

"Damm it." Avalon muttered. 

"Yeah, ohh and Clary told the alpha where the cup was, but it was a lie, could tell by her heart beat, wolf hearing.  And the mundane somehow found a phone and called someone, someone called Jace." Both twins groaned in annoyance.

"Jace Wayland probably, which mean's that Shadowhunters are on there way here and soon." Alec became frustrated by this. "This just got complicated." 

"You can say that again." Avalon shared her brothers feeling of frustration. She looked over to Ryan, who's eyes glowed green. "Hey Ryan, you ok?" 

"Yeah but I have to go, the alpha is calling the pact." 

"Go, we'll figure something out." Ryan nodded and gave Avalon a quick kiss on the forehead and let go of her hand as he head back into the Jade Wolf.  Avalon turned to Alec who was smirking like an idiot. She slapped him on the arm.

"What was that for?" 

"Ohh shut up Alec your the just the same with Magnus."

"Haha, fair enough."

"So do we wait here until the Shadowhunters  show up to come and get them." 

"It's the only plan that sounds good at the moment. Or we go in there and get them ourselves but that would expose us for what we are." 

"And we don't want to do that, so option one it is." Alec and Avalon headed over one of the shipping containers laying around the yard, and climbed on top of it and sat down so the had the perfect view of the Jade Wolf. As the minutes started to pass, Alec's mind started to drift off to a distant memory. 

________________________________________________________________________________

7 years ago

A thirteenth year old Alec sat on the couch in Luke's living room in the middle of the night, along with his twin. Both of them were still in their pyjamas drenched in sweet. Luke came in from the kitchen, offering the both of them a glass of water. "It'll help." He said gently. The twins took the glasses and gulped the water down. Luke sat in the chair across them. "So do the pair of you want to tell what that nightmare was about?" Alec and Avalon stayed silence.

 "We saw a man." Avalon spoke up. "And a glowing cup a sword and a mirror that turned into a lake."  She looked down her glass. "Are we going insane?" Avalon questioned. 

"No your not" 

"Then how come we share dreams Luke, and why do we have these marking on us?" Alec blurted out. "What are we?" He asked. It was a question that Luke always avoided when ever one of the twins asked it.  Luke bit his lip, he couldn't hide it anymore from them.