Chapter 13

Luke and the rest of the wolf pack had just returned to the Jade wolf from helping Clary free Meliorn from a potential death sentence at the hand of the Silent brothers. Of course Avalon and Alec didn't go with him as Luke thought they could be spotted by someone from the Clave and would be exposed for who they are. Luke was sitting in one of the booths with his partner Alaric, having a pretty heated conversation about how he should lead the pack.

"What am I supposed to do? Just sit on my hands if Clary needs help?" Luke nearly yelled at the other werewolf sitting across from him.

"Let the pack handle it. We can't afford to lose our leader right now, with everything that's going on with the Shadow-World and Valentine." Alaric protested back.

" I promised Jocelyn I'd look after her." Luke said as he tapped his fingers on the table between them. Alaric just looked at his partner, not believing a single word he said. Believing that there was something more to the matter.

"Some how I don't think that's the only factor." Alaric said as he turned his head to where Ryan, Avalon and Alec were sitting. "There more too it, it's about them isn't it?" Luke looked at Ryan, Avalon and Alec laughing together as Ryan who seemed to be telling them what looked to be a very over-exaggerated version of the battle that had gone down with the help of the vampires. "I know that you feel responsible for them, so much so that you wouldn't let them come with us to help free the Seelie. Why is that?"

"I don't want them to get hurt." Luke responded now feeling like he was being interrogated.

"You seem perfectly fine with putting Clary in harms way and if I remember correctly the night you killed Theo, our last alpha you were protecting them." Alaric pointed to Alec and Avalon as Luke's face became washed with worry. At that once the Jade wolf fell silent as all of the pact smelt something dead outside of the restaurant. "There's something dead outside." Alaric sated the obvious as none other than Simon Lewis walked into the Jade wolf, as the pact stared to growl and stand up, apart from Luke and Ryan.

"What are you doing here?" Alaric questioned.

"Raphael has appointed me ambassador to the werewolves." Simon answered very diplomatically.

"Why the hell would you do that?"

"Because of my close personal connection with Luke." The werewolf's growl louder at the Vampire.

"ENOUGH!" Luke shouted making every hush up. "Give us a minute." Luke said to Alaric as Simon approached the pair and Alaric walked away, glaring at Simon.

"I thought me and Alaric were cool." Simon said sounding very confused.

"You were." A voice said from behind Simon which turned out to be Alec standing with Avalon and Ryan.

"But since you went all un-dead on us all most werewolf will have hostile behavior towards you." Avalon stated like she had said it a thousand times before.

"You know, I thought we were one. Allies, brothers in arms and all that." Simon said as everyone around him now had a disappointed frown on their faces.

"Not that simple Si."

"Because vampires and werewolves hate each other?" Luke put his hand on Simon's shoulder and looked at him.

"Not all vampires and werewolves." Simon smiled slightly at Luke's comment as he said down in the both with Luke sitting across from him along with Avalon and the mystery werewolf and Alec sitting next to Simon. " So, why did you really come here?"

"Raphael is not the most patient trainer in the Shadow World."

"What happened?"

"He got frustrated with my training and told me to take a walk."