Chapter 12

Once Clary had left, Alec had managed to calm Avalon down they walked back into the Jade wolf, where Ryan waited at the door for Avalon. Alec left the pair to have a moment for themselves, Ryan didn't say anything, knowing that what she was going through in some way. The werewolf himself lost his mother about a year ago, so he understood and engulfed her in a tight hug as she began to cry into his shoulder, letting all of her wild emotions out into the open. They broke apart after a few minutes and Ryan whipped the tears that were streaming down her checks. Now they were sitting in a booth with Avalon resting her head on her werewolf boyfriends shoulder as he wrapped his hand around her waist in comfort. Alec was sitting with them, along with Magnus. Alec had called his better after and told him what happened to his friend and Magnus turned up at the Jade wolf in a matter of seconds, there of comfort Alec who really needed him at this time.

Now they all sat in the booth with Alec resting his head on Magnus shoulder as Avalon did with Ryan. Magnus just held Alec's hand squeezing it tight as the hours passed by. "This is torture." Alec mutter quietly so only Avalon, Magnus and Ryan could hear him and Magnus rubbed his arm trying to comfort him. "We've known Simon since we were ten and now were all just sitting here waiting to find out if Clary brought him back, or-"

"Or if she staked him through the heart." Avalon said bluntly finishing her brothers words knowing what he was going to say. Noticing Alec eyes become filled with water Magnus gave him a soft kiss on the forehead, leaving them all in silence. The sound of a piece of paper flying though the air filled all their ears along with the slight smell of smoke. It was a fire message flying into the restaurant and Maguns catching it in his hand.

"I'm needed at the institute. A forsaken broke through the wards with the same blood as the one that attacked here." He sighed as looked at Alec. " I can tell them I'm busy." He whispered moving a piece of Alec raven hair out of his face.

"Go." Alec whispered back smiling a little. "I'll be fine kind of. Go do what you need to do." Magnus nodded and kissed Alec on the check.

"Call me if you need anything, anything at all." Magnus said before leaving the Jade wolf and portaling to the New York institute. Silence filled the air again as Avalon, Ryan and Alec waited for something to happen to let them know what Clary decide to do about Simon. A few minutes later, the silence was broken by the sound of Alec's phone ringing in his pocket. pulling it out, he read the caller ID and looked at his sister.

"It's Simon." He said with a little bit of relief in his voice. Avalon looked at Ryan in his deep brown eyes as he nodded slowly knowing what she meant without saying anything. He kissed her on the forehead and left the booth.

"Answer it." Avalon choked out as Alec put the phone in the middle of the table and on speaker. "Simon, Simon are you ok?" Avalon knew as soon as she said it it was a dumb question. It didn't help that Alec said 'Really?' in her head the most sarcastic tone possible.

"No, no I'm not ok. In fact far from it." Simon shout on the other end of the phone. "I got turned into a vampire, you know what that means Ava, Alec, medical I died! Like my heart stopped beating and I become a corps. Which is basically what I am now a walking, talking corps that now can only eat and blood. And you know what the worse part about all of this is? It's that Clary had a choice about bring me back and now I feel like a monster." Simon was breathing heavily at the end of his little rant.

"Can relate." Avalon muttered.

"No offence Ava but how can you possibly relate to any of this?" Simon questioned. Avalon looked at Alec looked like he was trying not the burst. He sighed as looked up to the ceiling then back to the phone.

"Because Simon, for the first thirteen years of our lives, Ava and I didn't know what the hell we were." Alec said calmly looking at his phone.

"What do you mean?" Simon questioned sound confused but interested at the same time.

"It means we are different from everyone else in the whole Shadow-world Simon. We'er not a Shadowhunter or a Downworlder, we'er something in the middle, something between the two." Alec looked at his sister who motioned for him to continue telling Simon about what they were in a way that wouldn't reveal the truth. "Because of all the chaos Valentine created because of all the experiments he did."

"So your saying Valentine, Clary's father made you what you are?"

"In a way yes." Alec answered his friends question. It was the same thing Avalon did with Clary when she questioned her about what Alec meant by "Which lead to us" It wasn't lying really, they just twisted the truth so people wouldn't find out who they are. "The point is you are only a monster if you think you one. You'll get through this Si." Alec said as Simon was quite, processing what his friend had said. After a few moments Simon hung up the phone leaving a long beeping sound fill the Jade wolf. Alec hung up on his side of the phone call and looked at Avalon.

"That went well." She said as Alec run his hand through his hair and wonder when things got this screwed up.
________________________________________________________________________________

At the New York institute, Isabelle Lightwood watched the security tapes for the night the Mortal Cup was stolen for about the hundredth time in a row. Honestly at this point she had lost count, she had to do something to keep her mind occupied while Merlion was being questioned by Lydia, which was completing unfair in her opinion. Just because they found Seelie blood in the dead forsaken, doesn't mean that the Seelie's were helping Valentine. Now watching the tape for the one hundredth and one time she noticed something was a little different that the first one hundred times. At first she rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn't just seeing things, rewinding the tape to just after the power came back on and where her, Clary and Jace were being confronted by the two thieves in leather.

Isabelle zoomed in on the taro card as it fell to the floor. Then stopping the tape she saw the card glowing a little bit as the thieves got closer to it. It wasn't that noticeable at first be because she wasn't looking hard enough at the tape. It was strange to Isabelle how could the card be glowing if the cup had no power while it was still in the card. It was like it only glowed near the thieves, like it was calling out to them in some way. Just the like a bolt of Lightning striking her a theory passed through her brain as to why this would happen, but it wasn't possible, it couldn't be possible. They were considered a legend, a myth even in the Shadow-world. Just some bedtime story that every Shadowhunter and Downworlder had heard when they were younger. Isabelle's thoughts were interrupted by Jace texting to meet him. She got up from her chair and shut down the security tape with the same question going over and over in her brain. Like a person who wouldn't stop talking to her. But it was silly, they couldn't be real. The Mortal Guardian's couldn't be real. Right?

A/N

What do you think Isabelle will do about her theory and what did you think of Alec and Avalon conversation with Simon??? Until we all meet again.