Chapter 42

In the center of the all famous Central Park of New York City, Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn and Luke Garroaway, leader of the Jade Wolf pack emerged of the lake, one of many worlds hidden entrances to the Shadow-worlds Seelie realm. After attending a Downworld cabinet meeting, hosted by the Seelie queen herself in her child form so to speak. The werewolf and warlock walked in silence for a few brief seconds, just before both of there phones started to blow up with over dozen messages, voicemails each all from one person. Ryan. Luke looked at Magnus who had the same confused and puzzled look on his face as Luke.

"You too?" The werewolf asked, Magnus only nodded not bother to speak with a sense of fear starting to bubble inside of him as he put his phone on speaker and played Ryan's last message he left him out loud.

"Um Magnus don't know if i'm over reacting or not. I've already left Luke messages up he's not picking up because you guys are in a meeting which is why you aren't picking up.
Anyway Alec and Avalon aren't picking their phones, their not at Luke's place, the Jade Wolf, Hunters moon, I even went to Magnus' place and nothing. I can't check if their at the sanctuary because I can't portal anywhere. I'm here at the institute with Isabelle and we'er kind of in a lock down because Alec and Ava were here a few hours ago and no one can find Max and we think Johnathan has something to do with in. Please call me when you get this."

Luke and Magnus just looked at each other, seeing the worry that filled them, not even needing to speak to know where to go to get some answers the only place where Alec and Avalon would send their little brother if he was in danger from Johnathan. Because it was the only place hidden from the shadow-world. The sanctuary.

________________________________________________________________________________

Over in a very small, very hidden apartment in one of the more lower class parts of New York, was non other then the one and only, current mad man and most wanted man in the whole Shadow-world. Valentine Morgentsern. Who sat at a small wooden desk, and a little obsessively went over every single note, scarp piece of paper all of the research he had on the Mortal Guardians. Which truth be told wasn't much at all. It was a collection of the notes he had collected when he studied the guardians when he kidnapped them, that and the information that the whole of the Shadow-world had on them. Which need less to say wasn't a lot.

Scanning over the notes Valentines eye became fixed on one sentence in particular. One that explained in short words that was nothing but a lost metaphor how to raise the angel Razeil without the instruments. He cheered in a sort of triumph and laughed turning to the two people behind him. Both of whom looked to be drunk or drugged in a way, both slummed against the wall, unable to move or speak. Do anything really, and both had a trial on crimson blood coming from their ears. All because phone that laid on the floor. One the was cranked up to the highest volume possible and played the only thing that was know to hurt them or put them in this sort of state. Their kryptoninte. As their friend Simon would call it. The calls of the mortal instrument only made more sinister to do his evil bidding.

Valentine laughed more and more at the situation, at the people he was holding captive finding the hold thing funny. Funny knowing that the Mortal guardians couldn't do anything to stop him now. Now that he had uncovered the very secret the Johnathan Shadowhunter and the angel himself hopped that no one in the Shadow-world would find out.

________________________________________________________________________________

Back at the New York institute Ryan sat very impatiently in one of the old arm chairs in the institutes library, wait for the shadowhunters, meaning Isabelle, Clary and Jace to return from confronting Johnathan, (which they all finally found out was Sebastian in a strong glamour). About working with is father Valentine, breaking the mad man out of prison and being reasonable for the disappearance of Alec and Avalon which was now a kidnapping. This theory was only conformed when Isabelle reviewed the security footage as per Ryan's requested when the institute first went onto lock down. And what they saw shocked them to the core.

The saw the twins talking to Max about something, then the young Lightwood reveal a single strand of blond hair that slowly started to glow brighter and brighter until Johnathan appeared. The twins readied them selves for the fight to come, shielding Max behind them, Not excepting the fake blonde, British boy to pull out his phone tapping something on it, making Alec and Avalon fall to their knees and cry out in pain. Their last act was sending Max through a portal to god knows where as the footage cut out to blackness. Ryan had a fair guess as to where Alec and Avalon would send their little brother in order to keep him safe from Johnathan. The Sanctuary.

But what he couldn't understand was why Johnathan took Alec and Avalon. It must of had something to do with Valentine and his insane goal to raise the angel. The mad man must have thought there would have been another way to complete this task and Alec and Avalon would have know how to do it. Being the Mortal Guardians, protectors of the instruments and all, being chosen by the angel himself. If they did know another way to raise the angel, they never told Ryan Luke or Magnus who they trusted more than anyone in the world.

The silence in the library was enough to almost suffocate the werewolf as he waiting for the trio to return, watching as the minutes ticked by. Until finally it was broken by Jace Herondale throwing the door open, making Ryan stand up seeing him, Isabelle and Clary walk through the door. "Well. He questioned seeing the three Shadowhunters walk over the table opposite the werewolf, along with the worry and a sort of defeat on their faces. Until Isabelle looked at him.

"Johnathan is dead." Her voice was stern but also sorry, seeing how Ryan became frustrated with this new fact. Running his hand through his dirty blonde hair, glaring at all three of them.

"Great, this is just perfect the only person that can tell us where and what Valentine is going to do with Alec and Avalon is dead." No-one spoke, hearing the anger in Ryan's voice. The silence that had fallen over the group was broken by the smallest sound of Ryan's phone going off. Isabelle, Clary and Jace watched as Ryan's face changed from one of utter anger to little glimmer of hope with his eyes going wide. "I gotta go."

"Where?" Jace questioned, crossing his arms looking at Ryan who rolled his eyes.

"None of your business."

"It is our business if it has something to do with-"

"Ok stop, both of you." Isabelle yelled. stopping a potential argument between the Shadowhunter and werewolf. She tried to maintain a calm face turning to look at Ryan. "Ryan you know that it is better if we work with each other then against each other to find Alec and Avalon. I know How much you care for both of them, for Ava. Please let us help. Their my family to." The werewolf looked at the Lightwood in that moment seeing a bit of Avalon in Isabelle. Sighing knowing that deep down she was right.

"Follow me then." Ryan walked at a hurried pace down the institute halls with the three shadowhunters trailing after him, until the reach the darken landscape of the outside walls of the institute.

"Where are we going exactly?" Clary questioned as the group stopped on the institute steps, as Ryan typed something on his phone.

"The sanctuary, thought that was obvious."

"And how are we going to get there?" Jace asked. "You know the wards around New York proventing any Angel blooded person from leaving?"

"Have you never heard of a loop hole?" Ryan smiled as a portal appeared behind him, leaving everyone else puzzled. "Magnus and the rest of the warlocks brought the wards up, but Magnus can use a little bit of the sanctuary's magic from Alec and Avalon to make a little hole for us to go through. Shall we?" He motioned for all of them to walk though. One at a time Jace, Clary and Isabelle walked though the portal followed by Ryan. The three shadowhunters not knowing what to expect on the other side. Other than Isabelle who had been to the sanctuary once. But all knowing that Alec and Avalon needed all the help they could get right now.

A/N

Sorry I'm late. How you like the chapter please give your honest opinion. Do you think there's another way to raise the angel???????? Until next time.