Chapter 7

Magnus's apartment was now shaking, making it feel like everyone was in an earthquake. Causing everyone to hold on to something, so they wouldn't fall over, so no more damaged would happen to Magnus's home. During all of the chaos Alec looked over at his lover and saw Magnus looking like he was going to pass out, he was sweating profusely, his breath was heavy and staged and his hands were shaking.

"I'm running out of magic!" Magnus shouted as blue smoke continued to flow rapidly from his hands.

"What do we do?" Clary questioned she and Avalon held on to the couch and Alec held onto the wall by the balcony. 

"I can't leave him, but the potion stock still needs Komodo scale. Find it, add the rest when they get here. You'll have to feed it to Luke."

"What about you?" Avalon shouted, worried for her friend who was trying everything to save the man she and Alec considered a father.

I'll hold on as long as I can. Go!" Avalon dragged Clary across the room to where the potion was so they could finish it. Alec ran over to Magnus and caught him in his arms as he fainted. Alec steadied Magnus and they looked into each others eyes. Alec offered Magnus his hand knowing how much he need strength at the moment.

"Take what you need." He said with urgency. They looked at each other for a moment with such love in both of their eyes as Magnus wrapped his hand around Alec's and felt his guardian powers flow into him and is veins pulsed with a new found strength inside them. Alec pulled him and Magnus up so Magnus's hand was over Luke using the new power to try and heal him to to best to of his ability's as the two held onto each others hand for dear life.

"Clary!"Both Jace and Simon called as they ran into the apartment. Clary ran over to the pair and Avalon lend over the cauldron.        

"Do you have it?" Clary asked quickly. 

"Yeah." Jace hastily pull out a small, brown, leather bag and handed it to Clary who ran back over to Avalon and dumped to contents of the bag into the the cauldron and Avalon mixed it and picked up a cup put the potion inside it then poured it into another cup so it was the right consistence. She them ran over to Luke and Clary, Jace and Simon followed her. Avalon held up Luke's head as drank the potion. Slowly the apartment stopped shaking and Luke opened his eyes and Avalon smiled along with everyone else in the room. Magnus how ever was completely drained of all of his magic that he collapsed into Alec's chest and Alec looked at him with worry. Luke smiled as he saw Avalon standing over him.

"Ava, Alec. " He breathed out sounding revealed as Alec continued to hold on to Magnus

"You ok?" He asked and Magnus looked up at him and nodded.

"Yeah." He replied out of breath. 

________________________________________________________________________________

About 20 minutes later Mangus and Luke were able to stand up. Avalon and Alec Helped Luke to a spear room and Magnus followed them. Luke was now laying in bed with Magnus fluffing his pillow with Alec and Avalon sitting on the edge of the bed together with Clary standing in the door frame, looking very annoyed. 

"Thank you Magnus." Luke said on the verge of rolling his eyes while both of the twins bit back a smirk.

"Your well come, I'll leave you all alone." As Magnus headed out the room he stopped at where Clary was standing. "Go easy on them." He whispered  to the Fairchild and walked out. Luke continued to avoid Clary's gaze."

" You know you can't avoid the question, right? I know Mom swore you all to secrecy, but I've seen you stand up to her before. Why didn't you tell me about any of this?" Clary asked, Alec, Luke and Avalon could tell she was frustrated.