Chapter 21

Hodge walked along the docks with a back pack slung over his shoulder and feeling completely betrayed by Valentine. He had promised the now ex-Circe member protection from the Clave if he helped Valentine get what he wanted, or something better, but he was played. Valentine cut him off for betraying him all of those years ago, at the Circles uprising. Suddenly the sound of wolf howling filled Hodges ears as he hidden behind a near by concrete pillar. peering around the corner he saw a large gray wolf growling near the entrance of some sort of underground tunnel. Hodge heard more wolf howling as the gray wolf ran off, as he breathed a sigh of relief he was grabbed by his shoulder and pinned to the pillar by none other than Jace. 

"Where is it?!" Jace demeaned. 

"Where is what Jace?" Hodge asked back in a mocking tone as he pushed Jace away. Jace Just stared at him with hatred in his eyes. 

"The cup, where is the cup. You helped Valentine steal it that night we it from the police station." He shouted as the two blonde Shadowhunters started to circle each other.

"You'er wrong Jace the circle doesn't have the cup, I gained my freedom by giving Valentine something even better then that cup." Hodge laughed as the two stared to fight hand to hand. Each managing to land blows to the other until they both stumbled back to go back to circling each other. "Let's be real for a moment. You can't win. I taught you everything you know." Hodge pulled out his weapon of choice as Jace did the same with a double seraph bladed bow staff. 

"Not everything, Hodge." Jace made the first move attacking his former teacher and Hodge blocking it. The two fought until they lost their weapons going back to hand to hand. Jace using all of his anger against Hodge to flue his strikes as he knocked Hodge to the ground. Jace grabbed the seraph blade he had in his jacket and in one swift movement cut off Hodges right hand. Hodge screams in pain as Jace is about to deal the final blow he is knocked back by Luke. 

"That's enough." Luke shouted to the blonde his eyes glowing green.

"It's not over. He's a traitor."Jace points at Hodge who is holding his newly severed arm "He deserves to pay."

"And he will Jace." Jace stood there for a moment." Walk away before I have to do something I regret." Jace shouted out in anger as he walked quickly back to the institute. Once Jace is out of sight Luke picked up Hodge off the ground holding him by the collar. 

"How did you get Valentine's help to free you?" Luke asked in a small but dangerous tone as Hodge laughed once again. 

"I gave him something much better than the cup, I gave him it's guardians." Anger took over the werewolf as he connected his fist with Hodges face. 

"There's a dungeon in Idris with your name written all over it." Luke dragged Hodge away as Jace came back to where Hodges hand was on the ground and took off the Seeile ring and placed it on his hand to see the a hologram of Valentine appear in front of him. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Maia and Ryan carefully walked through the subway network under the city of New York. The system of tunnels had cause the pact to split up in pairs to try and find Alec and Avalon. Both of the werewolves tried to stay of quite as possible in case they ran into any troubles while they were down there. As Ryan prepared to turn a corner Maia grabbed him by his shirt collar anhd pulled him from behind and slammed him into the wall. "What was that for?" He whisper shouted and Maia shhed him looked around the corner to see two men standing in front of a door that was in the tunnel wall. 

"Two Circle members standing guard of a metal door in the wall. Probably where their keeping Avalon and Alec." Maia whispered to Ryan as he looked around the corner to see what she was taking about. 

"You take the one on the left, I'll take the one on the right." Ryan said as he ripped his claws out of his hands and Maia did the same. They ran out from the corner taking the circle members by surprise using their wolf speed and strength to run along the walls and kick the circle members in the face knocking them to the ground in an unconscious state. "Nicely done." 

"Could say the same to you." Maia flashed a brief smile as she and Ryan walked to the door. She placed her hand on the handle and attempted to open it but it wouldn't move. "Locked."  

"Not for long." Ryan mumbled as he walked to the other side of the tunnel cracking his neck and Jumping up and down as to hype himself up. 

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to knock down a metal door." Ryan grunted out as Maia stood to the side. As Ryan cried out and used his who speed to run at the door. There was a loud thud sound as he landed on the other side of the door on the cold concrete floor. He coughed as Maia walked through the now door-less door way. 

"You ok." Maia asked as she helped Ryan up.

" All good." The pair looked around the room they were now in seeing a table at the back with different types of medical tools on it. As they turned around their eyes landed on two beds which had Alec and Avalon lying on them in a come like state. Their hands and legs cuffed to the bed with old fashioned leather straps. Ryan rushed over to Avalon trying to wake her up, but nothing worked. 

"How the hell do we get them out of here if they won't even wake up?" Maia let out a frustrated sigh as she and Ryan fell silent trying to think of what to do. "Wait do you hear that?" Maia asked. Ryan closed his eyes and used his wolf hearing to try and hear what Maia was hearing. Both of the werewolf's heard faint whispers mixed with a high pitch screeching noise fill their ears. 

"Where's it coming from?" Ryan whispered as he as Maia looked around to try and find the source of the noise. Their eyes landed on the speakers scatters along the walls of the room. they turned to each other and began to tear down every speaker they could smashing them on the floor. As the last one was destroyed, the noise stopped. Ryan and Maia turned to to Alec and Avalon to see them siting up fight, breathing heavily and covered in sweat. They rushed over to the twins and freed their hands and legs from the leather straps.  "Signal the pact." Ryan said as Maia let out a howl hearing the rest of the pact responded. Ryan looked at Avalon's frighted face. 

"We'ere getting you and Alec out of here." He said to her. Avalon nodded as Ryan slung her arm over his shoulder and Maia did the the same with Alec as they all stumbled out of the room. Alec and Avalon being to weak to walk on their own. As the four of them walked out of the room a portal appeared in front of them. Ryan's phone went off  with a text message from Magnus that read "Go through"  Ryan put his phone away and headed toward the portal, helping Avalon. 

"Where does it go?" Maia asked as she walked with Ryan helping Alec stay up right. 

"You'll find out." Ryan replied as the four of them went through the portal knowing that it lead  somewhere safe and somewhere they wouldn't be found.

A/N

Alec and Avalon are free!!!!!. How about the little scene with Luke and Hodge??? Until next time.