Chapter 39

Alec and Avalon, who were both laying face down on the table in the sanctuary library which was covered books, files and reports, acquired from the Clave thanks to some hacking. Both of the twins were sound sleep thanks to them staying up all night with Ryan and Magnus, researching and looking into Avalon's theory about Sebastian. Also thanks to the vision provide from the angel Ithuriel about a Johnathan bring alive only increased the chances of her theory being right. They hoped that it would be a less awful truth to bare though. 

Through the groups research into the matter they had discovered that Sebastian Verlac, the perfect blonde British man that no one could seen to talk bad about, was actually Clary's older brother Johnathan walking around in a disguise glamour. Much like what Valentine did all those years with Jace, pretending to be Micheal Wayland. The more the twins, Ryan and Magnus looked into it the more it made sense. 

They were able to find out with the help of the real Sebastian's file that the Shadowhunter had gone missing 6 months ago. No one had seen or heard from him, which would have been plenty of time for Johnathan to crawl out of where ever he was, deal with the original Sebastian and take the mans identity to fool practically everyone. It was the reason that when ever the twins were around the man that they felt a something off about him, a sort of darkness that weighted them down. It was because of the demon blood within Johnathan thanks to Valentine and his experiments and how the boy had become corrupted by it over the years. 

The sound of Avalon's phone ringing slowly awoke the twins, both of whom groaned as they opened their eyes. They both searched through the mess of paper before them, eventually finding the ringing phone under a stray file. "Clary." Avalon sighed answering the phone and Alec watched his sisters face twist in confusion as she talked to Clary and them hung up the call.

"What was that about?" He asked slightly worried. 

"Uh Clary wants to talk to us at the institute." 

"Did she say why?" 

"Nope." Avalon looked into her brothers eyes, seeing the seem dread in them that she felt at this present time. Alec huffed, rubbing his eyes and standing up.      

"Lets go then." Alec walked past his sister and created a portal. He turned back to his sister feeling the doubt that was in her mind. "What is it?" Avalon stood up and motioned to all of their research on the table. 

"Do we tell her about all that?"  She asked raising an eyebrow as Alec bit his lip not really sure if they should tell Clary about her evil, older, brother being alive and masquerading as someone else and most liking working with their father. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Clary, Jace and Isabelle waited in the Lightwood girl's office waiting for Alec and Avalon to arrive so they could tell them about the events that happened in Idris. With Finding Valentine's cabin and the extensive notes and journals he keep, that contained information that Clary's brother was alive. "Are you sure we should tell them?" Jace questioned braking the silence that had fallen over the room. Making both girls look at the blonde confused. "I'm just saying they should we tell them about Valentine and Johnathan?"

"Instead of what Jace?" Isabelle snapped back. "We don't tell don't tell Alec and Ava that Valentine is actively looking for the mortal mirror and is convinced that they know where it is, along with now having Clary's brother working with him, who some how is alive and both will hunt them down until they get what they want!" 

"You could have just told us that on the phone." All three Shadowhunters looked over to the open door way to see the twins standing there, arms crossed after Alec said those words they started to enter the office.