Chapter 27

Avalon watched as her twin brother, Ryan and Magnus all paced back and fourth the walls of the Sanctuary library. Her Hazel eyes darting from one person to the next. "This is bad." She heard Ryan mumble. "This is really, really bad." Of  course they all knew what the bad thing that Ryan was talking about. That Valentine was going to try and active the soul sword and wipe out the whole of the Downworld.

 "Hey Ava what else does it say in that book." Ryan looked at his girlfriend who's eyes scanned over the leather book lying open on the table.

"To active the soul sword it must be struck with a bolt of lighting and to be wield by an angelic being. Also can you all PLEASE STOP PACING, you know I hate it." She said to the boys who looked at her knowing how people pacing made her feel nervous and anxious. 

"Sorry." They all said at the same time as Alec walked over to his sister and turned to face Ryan and Magnus .

"Ok me and Ava will stay here and look for anyway to turn off the soul sword, while you two go and please tell go and tell Luke about this so he isn't left in the dark." Both the werewolf and warlock nodded as Magnus created a portal for the two of them. As they walked through and the portal disappeared both of the raven haired twins heard a distorted scream cut through the air invading their ears. "What the hell was that." Alec questioned to no one as a look of confusion came over his and Avalon's faces, both of them not noticing their markings flicking gold.

________________________________________________________________________________

Clary and Jace ran up the stairs of the building, making their way to the roof after finding out that Valentine was holding the angel Ithuriel captive. " If Valentine needs lightning to activate the Sword, he probably put Ithuriel up on the rooftop." Clary said still running up the stairs as Jace trailed after her. 

"Cleophas could have been lying, Clary." He pointed out knowing that Cleophas had lied to her before in the past. 

"She's not. Not about this."

"How do you know?"

"I just know. Trust me." Jace nodded at the red-head as the two of them burst through the doors that led to the roof and saw Inthuirel being guarded by Valentines men and his hands chained together. All of the Shadowhuters pulled out their seraph blades and engaged in a fight upon the rooftop as a storm started to brew around the building. As Jace and Clary fought the circle members they became over powered by  the sheer force and aggressiveness of the strikes and the speed they moved at that. Neither the blonde or red-head could keep up. Both of them lost their blades and became pinned to the cold stoned floor of the roof. As both of the circle members were about to deal the final blow to Jace and Clary their were struck with a beam of golden light sending them flying off the building out of sight. Clary looked around confused as to what just happened. She stood up and turned around to see something that truly shocked her to the core. 

It was Alec and Avalon. Standing just a few feet away from the red-head. Jace's eyes went wide as he joined Clary at her side. Both not believing what they were seeing. They saw the guardian marks on theirs arms glowing a bright gold along with their eyes. There was also a sort of angelic aura surround the twins as they stared at the red-head in a sort of trance as if they a spell. Jace However was still trying process the whole thing. Right there in front of him were the Mortal guardians, the great story and myth of the Shadow-world. Even though Hodge had told him that the guardins were very much real he still couldn't believe it.

 Both Alec and Avalon walked pass Jace and Clary as if they weren't even their and headed for Ithuriel as he screamed at them. Jace also saw as Clary started to walk over to the angel along with the twins. " What's happening? What are you doing?" He questioned as Clary go out her stele. 

"He's communicating with me." She whispered drawing a new rune on Ithuirel's chains. Jace watched as the angels chains broke and he speared his wings out felting free. He held out his hands to the twins and they take the, there angelic aura glowing brighter as they did. Suddenly Avalon grabbed onto Clary's hands and Jace's was pulled over to the angel by an invisible force and Alec took his hand as they were all shown a vision of a cloaked demon trying to take hold of the soul sword. As it did both the demon and the sword dissolved into nothing but ash. As the vision ended Clary and Jace pulled their hands away from Alec and Avalon's who both slowly let go of the angles hands. 

"What was that?" Clary questioned as they all watched Ithuriel fly up into the sky in a bolt of light like a shooting star, then disappearing out of sight returning the heaben where he belonged. There was a moment of pure silence between the group before the golden glow around Alec and Avalon faded away, along with the glow of their markings and eyes. Both of them began to hold their heads and groaned, sound distraught and confused. "Alec, Avalon." Clary called out softly to her friends who looked at her clearly not knowing how where they were or how they got there in the first place.

"I believe you two have some explaining to do, guardians." Jace crossed his arms and glared at the twins with daggers in his eyes. Alec sighed and pulled out his phone and texted Magnus above the situation he and Avalon were in as Avalon opened up a portal to the warlock's apartment. Both the twins motioned for Clary and Jace to go through it. Slowly they walked through to find Magnus sitting on his couch sipping on a martini. 

"Do I need to call Luke?" He asked as Alec walked though. 

"Just call everyone." Avalon replied before her brother could falling down on to the couch burring her head in  her hands. 

"Who's everyone?" Clary asked.

"You'll find out." Alec mumbled joining his sister on the couch rubbing her on the shoulder as they waited for everyone else to arrive and to give a very, very long explanation to Clary and Jace. 

A/N

Now Clary and Jace now that Alec and Avalon are the Mortal Guardian's. In the words of Alec Lightwood 'oh god' how it this going to go. Until next time