Chapter 14

Luke, Alec and Avalon hid in the shadowed comers of the basement of the Jade Wolf, while Simon played with some sort of machine and the police officer Fisk is tied to a chair "Can I just point out that I think this is a horrible plan." Avalon states to Luke and Alec as they watched Simon talk to Fisk, trying to pass himself off as the Demonic killer. "I mean Simon can't pass as a crazy killer, he's too well Simon like." Alec just turned to his sister as she said this and gave her the shut up face. Avalon rolled her eyes at her brother, turning her attention back to Simon and Fisk. They all watched as Simon was managing to pull off the act of a total nut job, making Fisk fear for his life. Slowly Luke pulled out his gun from his jacket and looked at Alec and Avalon.

"Stay here." He whispered to them. Both nodded and watched as Luke approached Simon and Fisk.  "STOP!!!" Luke yelled as Simon nearly attacked Fisk. Simon them tried to attack Luke. Luke raised his gun and shot the Vampire several times in the chest. Both Alec and Avalon jumped back at the sound of the gun shots. Both knew it was part of the plan to make sure Luke wouldn't go to prison for murders he didn't commit. Simon fell to the floor pretending to be well more dead than he already is.

"Told you it wasn't me."  Luke turned to Fisk who was breathing heavily having just feared for his life. Luke lowered his gun and walked over to Fisk and untied him from the chair. His gaze fell on Alec and Avalon watching him from the comer, and it remind him of a time he feared for there lives.
________________________________________________________________________________

2 years ago

Luke was pacing back and forth in Magnus's apartment, trying to keep himself calm while rubbing his hands together while Magnus taped his foot impatiently. He watched the werewolf freak out on the inside trying to hold it all in. Luke called him about an hour ago telling him he needed his help and now Magnus had two unconscious teenagers lying on his couch's not even moving. "Luke, stop pacing and tell me what the hell is going on. " Magnus shouted, wanting answers from the werewolf. Luke stopped to look at Alec and Avalon unconscious on Magnus's couch's not knowing how to answer the question. He brought the twins to Magnus because they had passed out on the floor at his place, muttering words he couldn't understand and to add fire to the flame their marks began to glow gold, making their powers uncontrollable. Magnus managed to stabilize them with his magic, but he didn't know how long it would last.

"You have promise not to tell anyone." Luke said looking Magnus dead in the eyes. Magnus huffed out in annoyance.

"I already have one ex-shadowhunter swearing me to secrecy, I do not need another. So tell me what is so important about them!!!" He shouted in Luke's face.

"They'er the Mortal Guardians !!" Luke shouted back in the warlocks face which was now covered in a shocked and supersized looked as he looked at Alec and Avalon.

"Well that explain's the weird unknown arm markings." Magnus turned to look back at Luke. "And you don't have to worry, my lips are sealed now that i understand the gravity of what I'm dealing with."

"Thank you." Luke breathed out a sigh of relief. "I'll pay-"

"This is free of charge." Magnus cut Luke off who was taken back by his kindness.

"So what's happening to them?"

"From what I can tell they are having some type of hallucinogenic dreams. But's almost as if something is calling out to them and doing is to them at the same time."

"The Instruments, one of the mortal instruments is calling out to them."  Luke realized.

"So which one of these instruments makes people have crazy vision dreams?"