Chapter 22

Isabelle stood with Clary, they both watched Clary's mother Jocelyn Fairchild float in mid air under a powerful sleeping spell, with a green force field surrounding her. Both of the girls turned around as they heard quick footsteps coming towards them. It was Luke and Magnus. Clary walked over to Magnus as Luke joined Isabelle at her side. He placed a hand on her shoulder and whispered. "There safe." Isabelle breathed a sigh of relief knowing what Luke meant. Alec and Avalon were safe from Valentine.

"Do you really think this is gonna work?" Clary asks the warlock, handing him the Book of the White she had in her hands.

"Let us hope." Magnus Breathed as he snapped his fingers letting blue smoke fall over Jocelyn. He began to speak in another language as Magnus started the incantation. When the last word was spoken the forcefield around Jocelyn disappeared. Luke caught the older Fairchild in his arms before she could fall to to the ground.

"I got you." He said as he set Jocelyn on to the ground making her look around to where she was. finally her eyes landed on Clary who was overjoyed to see her mother awake. The pair rushed over to each other and encased them selves in a tight hug as if they were never going to see each other again.

"I've missed you so much." Clary whispered as her and Jocelyn parted.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about your past." Jocelyn said putting her hand on Clarys cheek.

" Not, not now. I have had enough for one day. We can talk about all that later. Right now, I just... I just really need my mom."

"And I need to say sorry to Alec and Avalon. They wanted me to tell you everything from the moment they knew I was a Shadowhunter." Jocelyn turned to Luke. "Where are they?" She asked as Magnus and Luke turned to each other sharing a worried look.

"What happened to them?" Clary asked. Magnus looked at Isabelle who nodded and walked away from the group. Luke looked at the two redheads and prepared himself for their reactions.

"They were captured by Valentine." Luke said as calmly as he could.

"WHAT??? Where are they?'"

"Clary calm down." Magnus give a stern look to the younger redhead.

"Their fine." Luke reassured. "The pack along with Magnus helped get them back. And they are somewhere safe. somewhere Valentine will never be able to find them." Clary felt tears start to form in her eyes as Luke and Magnus left her with her mother as Jocelyn tried to comfort each other.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Ryan walked into the library of the Sanctuary to find Avalon standing over the table in the middle of the room. Her hazel eyes scanning the page of a book taking in all of the information it had to offer. Ryan stood there in the doorway watching her, smiling to himself. "You don't have to hover." Avalon called out as she turned her head to face Ryan who smiled and started to walk over the raven haired girl.

"Just making sure that you are alright. You shouldn't even be on your feet yet we only got you and Alec back here a few hours ago." Ryan placed his hand on her shoulder, his thumb making little circles on the dark blue shirt she was wearing.

"I'm fine seriously, I just portaled Maia back to the Jade wolf. Plus I don't really want to talk right now." Avalon said that last bit quietly as she returned her attention back to the book in front of her.

"Ok then this is the only time i'm going to have the guts to do this."

"Do what?" Avalon questioned as she saw Ryan pull out the ring box that had started to wear down a hole in his jacket pocket. "Your not asking me to marry you right?"

"No just open it." Ryan handed Avalon the box and watch as her eyes went wide with surprise seeing the opal ring. "it's a promise ring." Avalon looked at Ryan with nothing but love in her eyes. "It's to show you that i'll be here for you no matter what type of crazy thing that the world throws at us." Avalon was left speechless as she wrapped her arm's around Ryan, burring her head into his shoulder.

"Thank you." She whispered to him as the werewolf placed a soft kiss on the top of her head as Avalon let the tears of joy fall.
________________________________________________________________________________

Alec stood on the roof of the Sanctuary firing arrow after arrow under the cover of the night sky. He watched as the arrows he fired exploded into fireworks over the the ocean surrounding the Sanctuary. The clicking of a shoe heel filled Alec's ears. He notched an arrow into his bow and pointed it to the door that lead to the roof and was Magnus standing there with his hands in the surrender pose. "Don't shoot me in the face." Magnus said making Alec smile. Lowering his bow and arrow as Magnus walked over to he gently grabbed one of Alec's hands seeing that his pams were covered in blood and an open cut.

"How long have you been here?" He asked making Alec look down. "Alexander, look at me." Alec looked into Magnus golden drown eyes that he loved so much as he tried so hard to make sure that the tears in his eyes didn't fall down his face. Magnus placed his hand on Alec's face brushing it with his thumb ever so softly. "it's ok, let it out." Magnus said and let the tears start to fall, staining his cheeks.

"He turned the instruments calls against us." Alec choked on his own words as Magnus stood there and listened to him. "Valentine used the every thing that me and Ava were born to protect against us and trapped us in a coma for days. And the last thing that I remember before walking up in that under in the tunnels is the image of Ava falling to the ground holding her ears as the bleed begging for the sound to stop." Magnus hugged Alec as the Raven haired man hugged Magnus back tightly letting the tears fall onto his shoulder.

"Hey it's ok, your ok and Avalon's ok." The pair stayed silent for a few seconds before parting looking into each others eyes. "Alec when you went missing I had never been so scarred in my life. But I knew that I would be ok, because I knew I would see you again." Alec smiled as Magnus said this. "You know Isabelle helped find you and Ava."

"How?" Alec asked in surprise.

"Not really sure, she just knew where you where'er somehow. She said something about vision from the angels. She also wants to meet you and Ava when things calm down a bit." Alec face began overcome in joy as a wide smile came across his face. "Now heal that hand so we can go back inside before we both freeze to death out here." Magnus said making Alec laugh a little aas he used his magic to heal his hand intertwining it with Magnus's. Magnus rested his head on Alec's shoulder as the two of them walked back into the Sanctuary, happy to have each other in this moment in time.

A/N

End of season one!!!!!!

Now i'm moving onto season two. I hope you have all enjoyed the first little bit of the story see you in the next bit.