Chapter 35

Over at the docks of New York, under the cover of night, Isabelle lightwood was making a some what dangerous move in her search to find the truth about the attack on Shadowhunters that Downworlders were supposedly behind. Meaning that she had to meet with her most recent ex-boyfriend, Raphael, Head of the New York vampire clan, and the person who feed her Yen fin addiction. Now the two of them were tracking another one of Isabelle's ex-boyfriends, Meliron, using one of the Seelie's old shirts to track the fay. 

But what Raphael didn't know is that there were two people following the Shadowhunter and Vampire. Using the better part of their stealth skills to walk along the top of the containers. Alec and Avalon only did this to make sure that their little sister was alright. And to find out the truth as to what was going on. "I don't like this." Alec muttered as he and Avalon came to a stop, seeing Isabelle and Raphael stop for a brief second. That comment earned Alec one of Avalon's famous 'really' faces. 

"So you've mentioned, ten times already."

"Sorry, just this whole situation feels off to me." Avalon couldn't help but hmm in agreement with her twin. This whole thing just seemed a little bit weird.  

"Well if any thing goes wrong, we'll just intervene. Plus we both know that Isabelle is more than able of handling herself, as we've both seen."

"True. Wait who's that?" Alec pointed to the little boy that Isabelle seemed to be yelling at and understandably very cross with. Once Avalon realized who it was, her eyes went wide in a bit of shock.

"I thinks its Max." Alec turned his head to face Avalon. 

"As in little brother Max?"

"Who else would Izzy yell at like that." Both twins turned their attention back to the scene below them, watching as their little brother ran to a hiding spot in the shadows of the containers as Meliron stepped out of the shadows beginning to talk with Isabelle and Raphael. Alec, now being the big brother he was decide to keep on eye on Max, just in case anything were to go wrong. which it did. Seeing another Seelie walk out of the shadows, a woman seelie walking to Max, who eagerly watched the conversation between Isabelle, Meliron and Raphael. "Ava, look." He pulled on his sisters shoulder, turning their attention to their little brother's now pressing situation. Avalon saw the woman seelie and recognized her instantly. 

"That's Kaeile. She was at the Hunters moon when Maia got arrested. What's she doing here?" 

"I can think of only one reason for that." Alec sighed seeing Max have a needle shoved into the base of his neck and being dragged off by Kaeile. "She's behind the attacks and just kidnapped our brother." 

"Save little brother?" Avalon question Alec, but already knew the answer as both twins turned on their heels and followed Kaeile into the depths of the container yard in an effort to rescue their little brother, and catch the person responsible  for causing the deaths of Shadowhunters and framing their fellow Downworlders for the crimes. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Max Lightwood's eyes lowly began to flutter open. His vision blurred, just being able to make out that he was in some sort if dark room with a single light hanging from the very old looking ceiling. He tried to sit up, but found himself strapped down to a metal table. Looking around as his vision began to become clearer he saw a try of medical equipment laying beside him. That's when the boy knew he was in serious trouble. Hearing the all famous sound of heels clicking on the floor, coming ever so closer to him. "Awake already?" A voice questioned laughing a bit, as a woman seelie stepped into the light. Circling the table Max was laying on. 

"Come near me and I'll kill you." Max growled, trying to put on a tough front, when really, on the inside he was freaking out with a million through running through his head. Really wishing he had listen to Isabelle and gone back to the institute. But all of Max's thoughts were interrupted by a new voice entering the space. One that he didn't know, but could tell was a girl.