Chapter 25

Luke walked back through the glamoured crime scene, after shooing another mundane cop away, telling him it was nothing more that a prank call. He saw that Isabelle Lightwood was kneeling down next to the body of a mundane man with a bloody hole in his chest showing all of the ripped apart organs inside. "Well, this is one nasty demon. Punched the hole right through his chest." She said swabbing the area for any traces that the demon left.

"With that kind of strength, I doubt it's done yet." Luke saw Isabelle nod in agreement. 

"Nothing in the immediate area." Lydia walked up to the pair twisting her face in disgust, seeing the body.  Isabelle stood up, taking off the rubber gloves she was wearing. 

"We're taking the body back to the Institute. I'll run some tests to see what kind of demon we're dealing with."

"Clary and I will widen the perimeter. Hey, Fray!" Lydia shouted and Clary came rushing to her side."We got a demon to hunt. Come on." The two Shadowhunters walked off and began hunting for any sign of the demon that caused the death of the mundane leaving Luke and Isabelle in silence. The werewolf saw the girl; looking down at her feet biting her lip. 

"You can ask you know." He spoke making Isabelle look at him. 

"What about what?"

"How Alec and Avalon are doing." Luke saw a brief smile on her face as Isabelle brushed a few stray hairs out of her face. 

"How are they?" She asked making Luke put his police note book he had in his hands away. 

"Well, not good to be honest." Luke frowned and Isabelle motioned for him to elaborate, worried for the siblings she had never even meet. "Last time I called them which was about a few hours ago, Ava said that she destroyed a rock wall on the island at they are on out of anger." Luke sighed making Isabelle's eyes go wide. 

"A-a-a rock wall?" She asked in surprised and Luke nodded. "What about Alec?"

"He said he fired arrow's off the roof of the Sanctuary until his hands bleed."

"Oh."

"They hate feeling helpless, they especially hate it when they are on lock down." 

"Lock down?" Isabelle questioned. 

"What they have nicknamed being stuck at the sanctuary. I was going to go and visit them, but then I got called about this." Luke gestured to the body slumped between him and Isabelle. 

"I wish I could visit them, I wish I could meet them. Isabelle's voice gave away the disappointment she felt about not even getting to meet her and Max's older siblings after all they have been through. 

"They what to meet you too." Luke said making Isabelle smile a little. "How about this, why don't you come with me none time to visit them. I think It would really cheer them up."

"Really?"

"Yeah, just make sure to clear it with your mother first so she won't be angry." 

"Right. I have to get back to the institute now and run the tests on the body. 

"Ok. Call me if you find anything." Luke said as Isabelle walked away with a great big smile on her face. Seeing Isabelle so happy remind him of how happy Alec and Avalon were when they found out they found out they had siblings. He could defiantly see the relations between all of them. Luke smiled to himself, think of how happy they would all be when they all finally got to meet each other in person and face to face. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Jace Jolted awake. His back slumped against the dirt wall encasing him the prison cell in the city of bone's. He just had a nightmare about him stabbing Clary in the stomach with a dagger. "Jace are you ok?" A voice from the cell next to him asked and Jace recognized it as the voice of his former tutor, Hodge.

"Hodge?"

"Try not to sleep. The Silent Brothers use mind control to haunt you with nightmares of those you've hurt the most." Jace could hear the shame in his voice. 

"You must never sleep." The blonde Shadowhunters sat in the silence city. The only light provide for them was from simple touches. "What did you mean at the dock's. when you said that you gave Valentine something better than the cup?" Jace questioned remembering how much they when through to get bit, only for it to be stolen by those two cloaked figures.

"I gave him it's guardian's. I gave Valentine the Mortal guardians." Hodge said with no emotion in his voice. 

"They stole the cup." Jace said as he started to put the pieces together in his head. 

"Yes." Hodge sighed and looked at thew arm where his hand use to be. "You were right to take my hand, Jace. I never should have given them to Valentine. Maybe someday you'll forgive me for all I have done."

"I don't believe in forgiveness, Hodge. I just stand by my actions, good or bad, and I accept the consequences." Jace growled out with a fierce voice. Hodge laughed a little which Jace didn't understated as to why. 

"Unmerciful to the bone. That's what's always made you the best. But this place... it'll bleed every ounce of defiance out of you."

"I'm nothing like you. They want me to bend, they can die trying."

"Wait until your trial. After what they do to you, you will be like me." Hodge said the last sentence darkly as the silence grew with each passing moment, Jace started to wonder who the Mortal guardians were, everyone in the Shadow-world thought they were just a myth and nothing more. But as he learnt all thought his life all of the legends were true and sometimes that included the most impossible of them.

________________________________________________________________________________

Alec sat on a chair near the window over looking the ocean in his twin sister's room over at the sanctuary, while Avalon was curled up in a blanket on her bed as she poured herself into a book. She looked over to her brother who was staring out the window. "You ok?" She asked making Alec turn to her shaking his head. "Magnus?" Avalon questions and Alec nodded. She sighs and closes the book she was reading and motioned for him to come and sit on her bed so he would talk to her. Alec did so as his sister made a face waiting for her brother to talk. 

"He has to go and deal with his crazy vampire ex because the Clave want her to stand trail ." Alec huffed. 

"Camille?"

"Yep, I just hate the feeling of having to sit in this place and not being able to go and help him. Because if we leave this place Valentine will come after us again."

"We both hate feeling helpless, and Luke, Ryan and Magnus knows that." Avalon sighed and Alec nodded in agreement with his sister Like a shot from a gun going off both Alec and Avalon's ears were flooded with a high pitched ringing noise cause them both to develop pounding head aches. They grabbed their heads both attempting to hold back the screams being held in their throats. Both closed their eyes not noticing their diamond marking starting to glow gold as they saw flashes of the silent city. Silent brother being slaughtered by circle members and Valentine stealing the soul sword. Alec and Avalon's eye burst opened as they started to breath heavily with their marking returning to normal. 

"Valentine has the soul sword." Alec Whispered with a raspy voice as he saw the fear that had become plastered on Avalon's face. Both of them not know what the mad man would do with it.

A/N

Valentine has the sword😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 

Also picture of Avalon's room