Chapter 38

Alec, Magnus and Ryan, stood in control center of the sanctuary, listening to Avalon ramble on, pacing back and forth indicating that she was worried and stress, because she was doing the one thing that she hated that made her stress when others were doing it. The three boys all just listened to her speak about her supposedly insane theory about the blonde who's file was on display on the monitors. "So you think that this guy-" Ryan pointed to the picture of the blonde. "Sebastian Verlac isn't who he says he is?" He asked a little confused along with Magnus. 

"Could you explain a little more." He asked with Avalon biting her lip trying to find the right words.

"It's the same type of feeling that I had with Micheal Wayland who as we all know turned out to be-"

"Valentine." Ryan muttered finishing his girlfriends words. 

"Exactly. I mean when ever i'm in the same room with him it's just like something is off with him. Like he's trying to the perfect Shadowhunter. And the whole thing of him just popping up of the the blue, helping banish a greater demon acting all British and perfect. And you all think i'm crazy." 

"I don't." Alec spoke making everyone look at him. "She's right something isn't right with him. Magnus when Clary created the rune to bring you're wards down Sebastian basically bullied her into doing it. And the things he said to her, it was like he had lived through all of it all of the pain and hurt that he total Clary to feel. Plus just now when Aline showed up at the institute he got very nervous and tried to hide it behind a fake smile with his pearly white teeth."

"You'er both right." Magnus agreed. "Something doesn't add up about him, you think he could have something to do with Valentine escaping?" The warlock question as he had created the very portal that was supposed to take Valentine straight to Idris and into the hands of the Clave. But instead the guards on the other side didn't find the madman walking through but were greeted with every other Shadowhunter involved in the transfer apart from the prisoner. Allowing Valentine to become a free man once again so he could plot the end of the Shadow-world only to recreate it in his own image.  

Alec was about to say something only to be interrupted by the sound of his phone going off. He sighed, annoyed, pulling it out of his pocket reading the text. "It's Izzy, she wants me and Ava to come to the institute." 

"She say why?" Avalon asked with Alec shaking his head. "Well we better go then." 

"Me and Ryan will stay here and dig into this theory of yours." Magnus said crossing his arms. 

"You sure?" Alec asked. 

"Positive, plus i'm the one with the talent of finding out people's dirty little secrets." He smiled with Avalon walking over to Ryan. 

"You ok with this?"

"Yeah, it's this or sit around the Jade wolf." The werewolf chuckled with Avalon giving him a quick kiss on the check before portaling to the institute with her brother to see what Isabelle wanted. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Both the twins walked the halls of the institute heading straight for Isabelle's office. Alec knocked on the wooden door, before entering the room only to be greeted by the one person they weren't expecting to see. Robert Lightwood, their birth father who they didn't exactly like. They turned to Isabelle who was sitting at her desk, hands folded in front of her her face cover in a sorry expression and a serious one. "He wouldn't leave until he saw you two." She simply said making the situation clear, before standing up. "I'll give you the room." She mumbled before walking out the room and closing the door, leaving the silence to grow so think that you could cut it with a knife. 

"So what do you want?" Alec asked coldly towards Robert his arms crossed. 

"To talk." Robert said calmly wanting the whole event with his children to go well. Both twins sighed sitting down on the couch knowing that this may be a long and difficult talk.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Avalon said glaring at Robert.

"About you two. I want to know you, I want to understand how your mother could hide you away from me for nineteen years and not tell me a single thing. Making up a ridiculous story about you two were kidnapped in the middle of the night and not tell me the truth about you. "

"It was to protect us." Alec said slowly making sure the man heard every word spoken. "Tell me what would you have done if mom told you the truth, hmm? That we-" Alec gestured to himself and Avalon. " are the Mortal guardians, two people that both the Clave and Valentine would have wanted to test and experiment on. What would you have done in the situation?" 

"I don't know." Robert muttered quietly. 

"Exactly" Avalon snapped. "You don't know what you would have done, because back then you were one of Valentines most loyal followers, but when the Circle fell you made a deal with the Clave to restore the Lightwood name. Where mom knew that she had to protect us no matter what, to keep us safe from those who would have used us even if that meant giving us up. And don't even get me started on what you did to her."

"That wasn't my fault your mother and I have always had a complicated relationship–"

"Wasn't your fault?" Alec cut Robert off appalled of how he was speaking. "You cheated on her, twice, once before Max was born and now and expect us to believe that it wasn't your fault for lying to her."

"I fell in love." Robert tried to reason making the twins roll their eyes. "You two may not know what that's like but-" 

"We do know what that's like. We do know what it's like to be in love, but Magnus isn't an affair."

"Neither is Ryan." Avalon growled. "Don't you dear try the use the excuse of love for what you did. And before you before you ask were not telling where the instrument are. That's half the reason you wanted to talk with us right? To score points with the Clave?" The twins saw the sigh escape Roberts mouth getting their answer. 

"Well You can tell them that they are in safe place. where no one can get to them." Alec said quickly, standing up off the couch with Avalon both heading for the door. Alec placed his hand on the door knob looking at Robert. "You want to know us, but here's the thing, you don't get to. Maybe read the file that the Clave has made on us by now." With that said the twins left the room slamming the door behind them. Both Alec and Avalon walked the halls of the institute both feeling like they wanted to punch something after that whole conversation. 

They both reached the outside of the institute and about to portal back to the Sanctuary to get back to Ryan and Magnus, when suddenly their ears became filled with a ringing sound and the image of Ithuriel the Angel appeared to them saying only one thing. "Johnathan is alive." Just like that the image of the angel disappeared leaving the twins a bit confused. 

"What the hell does that mean, does he mean that Jace is alive and kicking because we already know that?" Avalon asked Alec who was equally confused by the whole thing. Avalon created a portal and was about to go thought when Alec grabbed her arm looking at her dead in the eye. 

"Their's more that one Jonathan in the Shadow-world. And could answer the question of Sebastian." Avalon's eyes widened as she realized what her brother was talking about both hurried through the portal back to the Sanctuary to help Magnus and Ryan with their research into their Blonde British friend, having a new theory as to he could really be.

A/N

That was a heated conversation between Robert and the twins right? Who do you think Sebastian really is (We all know) Until next time.