Chapter 29

Alec stood on the balcony of Magnus' apartment looking down at the busy streets of New York. He had suck out of the Sanctuary so he could go see Magnus who joined him on the balcony. as he watched the mundanes go about their day he couldn't help but wonder how their problems in their lives would compare to his and what was going on in his life at the moment. "How many Downworlders do you think live in New York?" He asked Magnus who looked at the man he loved and understood why he was asking this. Magnus knew that at times Alec felt like he and Avalon had the weight of the world on their shoulder's with being the Mortal Guardians. Both feeling like they had to protect everyone they could how ever they could.

"I don't know, but they're not all your responsibility." Magnus said softly putting his hand on Alec's making him look at the warlock.

"But you are." Alec replied making Magnus smile briefly.

"I can take care of myself."

"I know, but still if Valentine gets his hands on Clary, me or Avalon he can active the sword." Magnus saw the worry in Alec's eye's. When he, Avalon, Jace and Clary all saw the vision the angel gave them the twins had discovered that Clary had pure angelblood just like them, and the red-head had found this out lasted night at Max's rune ceremony. "Plus Avalon has been pouring herself into finding a way to turn off the sword once it's been activated, but they all say it's nearly impossible."

"But not impossible, you and Ava always find a way Alexander, don't doubt yourself now." Magnus said softly making Alec's face become calm as he and Magnus rested their foreheads against each others, closing their eye's, taking in this quite moment they had together before it was interrupted by Magnus's door opening. The warlock looked over at his door and saw that Clary and Jace had come bursting in making him roll his eyes. "Don't you people have phones?" He asked, annoyed as he and Alec walked back inside the apartment.

"We need your help." Jace said with a desperate tone as Magnus and Alec how Clary's hand was charred and blacken, like it had been burnt. Magnus motioned for the blonde and red-head to sit down as he used his magic to examine Clary's hand.

"La Chair Brûlée." Magnus said with worry.

"I'm guessing that's not a dessert." Clary said rubbing her hand.

"It means "the burnt flesh". It's an old blood oath spell." Alec said as he turned to Clary his arms crossed with a very cross look on his face. "Why do you have a blood oath spell on you?" He questioned.

"She tried to bring Jocelyn back by going to a warlock." Jace said flat out which earned him a glare from Clary as Alec went wide eyed with anger.

"You tried to bring Jocelyn back from the dead are you crazy. She could have come back as a demon or worse." He shouted.

"Yeah I know Alec." The red-head snapped. "Anyway Iris said that I have to find Madize at Max's party."

"Then we better start looking. I can get rid of the pain, but that's about it. I'm afraid once the magic reaches your heart..." Magnus trialed off with everyone knowing what he meant.

"I'm dead." Clary mumbled as Alec's phone went off. It was Avalon. He could tell through the bond they shared that she was worried about something and anxious along with the text she sent him.

"I have to go." He whispered to Magnus not even questioning him as Alec walked out of the apartment and portaling back to the Sanctuary to see what his sister was so worried about.
________________________________________________________________________________

Alec came back to the Sanctuary to find Avalon pacing in her room and could instantly tell that something was wrong as she hated it when people paced, along with the fact that she was playing with the opal ring that Ryan had given her which she often now did when she got nervous. "Ok whats wrong?" He asked sitting on her bed.

"I think something is wrong with Isabelle." Avalon blurted.

"As in our younger sister?"

"Who else would I be talking about?"

"Makes you think something is wrong with her?" He asked known when his sister got a feeling about something that it was usual right.

"Did you noticed how she was acting last night at Magnus'."

"Yeah see kept on looking at the ground and avoiding everyone's eyes as if she was hiding something from everyone."

"Along with the fact that she was looking more pale and she had these bags under her eyes and, oh no." Avalon sighed as her and Alec both came to the realsation as to what was wrong with Isabelle.

"Yin fen." They said at the same time as Avalon sat down on her bed with Alec moving over to her, both of them wondering how Isabelle even got a hold of the Downworld drug. "It isn't because of us right?" Alec didn't know how to answer his sister's question, he just wrapped his arm around her instead, trying to comfort her as they both knew what Yen fin could do to a person.

"I'll ask Magnus to look into it." Alec said with Avalon nodding. "In the mean time we have to find out what the angel meant by the vision of the demon and try to find a way to turn the soul sword off. "

"Well I've read nearly everything on can relating to the soul sword an nothing. But if your offering to help Let's hit the books then." Avalon hopped off her bed with Alec following after her as they went straight for the library to hopeful find an answer to both of their problems.
________________________________________________________________________________

Magnus and Luke watched as Rapheal and Meliron walked out of the Jade Wolf after having a meeting with the both of them about what to do about Clary with the new that she could active the soul sword spreading. Once Magnus could see that the both of them were got he pulled out his phone and began to scroll though his contacts. "Who are you calling?" Luke asked as they both sat down at a booth.

"Alec." Magnus said as he called his boyfriend as he waited for him to pick and put the phone on speaker as to he had some information as to what Alec asked him to look into that every day.

"Hey what is it?" said answering the phone with a concerned voice.

"Isabelle is seeing Rapheal." Magnus said hearing Alec sigh out in defeat making his own fears worse. Isabelle is getting her Yen fin straight from the source, a Vampire. "I'll deal with it ok." Alec didn't say anything, instead he put his end of the call on speaker.

"Hey." Avalon's voice came out of the phone. "Umm i'm probably going off topic here but me and Alec thing we know what the angel meant with the vision he gave us on the demon that can destroy the sword." Both Luke and Magnus perked their head up as she said this.

"Do tell."

"So as we have learnt angels like to talk in metaphors right?"

"Yes, because they love a riddle." Luke grumbled.

"So in the vision there was one single star in the sky as the demon grabbed the sword, which could mean morning star. Which is Lucifer or the devil and in this case which shadowhunter name is derived from the morning star?"

"Morgenstern."

"The vision meant that a demonic Morgenstern can destroy the sword, meaning Jace."

"But at the cost at his own life." Alec stated.in a serious.

"We can't let him do that." Luke spoke. "Clary has already lost her mother she can't handle losing her brother, so you find a way to turn that cursed sword off."

"We might have but it's very unclear about the hold thing."

"Look into it more because we can't let Jace die."

"On it." Alec hung up the phone leaving both the warlock and werewolf in a state of worry as to what the twins had found on turning the soul sword off, and whether or not it would work.

A/N

I feel so bad for Isabelle and Avalon in this chapter.