Chapter 8

"I know where the cup is." Clary said to Avalon, Magnus and Jace who were all in Magnus's living room as a smile appeared on Clary's face.

"Come again?" Jace asked, as if he didn't hear what Clary just said to all of them. Avalon groaned at his comment and walked over to him.

"Did you not what she said blondie, Clary know's where your magic cup is. Or do you need the statement to be dumbed down." Jace just glared at Avalon as she said with a huge smirk on her face and a meddling look in her eyes.

"Anyway, it's the tarot cards. My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it." Clary explained looking like she was very proud of herself. While everyone else shared a worried look around the room. "Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this? All we have to do is find... Dot." Realizing what she said, Clary became as worried as everyone else.

" If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup—" Jace was cut off by Magnus putting his painted nail in his as a signal to shut up as he stood up.

"We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyoncé riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice." Magnus made the hold sound very dramatic by explaining it in the most Magnus way possible, with hand gestures and everything.

"But he can control demons I've seen it." Clary said.

" Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect."

"Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card." A cocky grin appeared on Jace's faces he smiled at the Red head. Avalon looked between the two noticing the way they were looking at each other.

" Opening the gates of hell, that's a little more tricky." Magnus said to Clary as Avalon heard Luke enter the room.

"Valentine doesn't have the cards. I do. They're in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track her." Everyone, mainly Clary and Avalon breathed a sign of relief as Luke said this, know that the card's weren't in the hands of anyone else.

"That's great. This should be easy." Smile worked it's way onto Clary's face But Avalon knew it would be that simple, nothing ever was.

"Mmm, that's what General Custer said." Magnus said as he sat down on one of his arm chairs.

"Magnus is right." Luke spoke up, taking control of the on going conversation, "Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet."

"Discreet." Avalon raised an eyebrow at her werewolf father figure. "Luke you look like something out of the Mummy movie." They all heard Magnus chuckle slightly as Avalon made her remark.

"We'll go in the morning. Werewolf healing, remember? This is nothing a couple of hours of beauty sleep can't fix. And by we Ava, I mean me, Jace and Clary."

"But-" Avalon tried to protest, but it didn't work.

"No but's. You and Alec are going to stay here, with Magnus so I know your safe. And don't even think about trying to sneak out, because if you two do, I'll ground you and lock you up tighter than Fort Knox's. Do you understand me?" The tension was building in the room as Luke waiting for Avalon to respond, hoping she understood.

"Completely understood." Avalon said with a dead straight face. "Magnus can I crash in one of your spare rooms?" The warlock nodded as she made her way down the hallway. Jace turned to Clary. 'Wow' he mouthed as she went after her friend.