Chapter 11

Over at Chernobyl, the current base of operations for the Circle, Valentine watched his former wife Jocelyn Fairchild float in mid air as a green force field surrounded her, keeping her in a deep slumber state. He looked a her with love in his eyes as he placed his hand on the green force field. "Remember what you said to me the morning of our wedding? We weren't supposed to see each other until the ceremony, but you... you wouldn't listen to rules. You never did. And that's why I love you. You told me our hearts... beat as one and that we would be together forever." He smile a bit, still some what believing they could be together after everything that had happened. He turned his head to the sound of Blackwell, a fellow circle member coming out of a portal.

"I hope you've returned with good news." Valentine said sounding annoyed but wanting an answer from his follower.

"The girl had the cup." Blackwell replied. Valentine's face was covered with a dark expression.

"What do you mean had?" He questioned, his voice slowly but sounding dangerous as he turned to face Blackwell.

"When the girl returned to the institute the cup was stolen by two thieves covered head to toe in leather and with metal face masks. They couldn't be identified." Blackwell's emotionless tone of voice gave away how serious the situation was to Valentine. As expected Valentine walked up to Blackwell breathing heavily, trying to keep his frustration inside of him.

"Does the rest of the Shadow-world know?"

"It's spearding like wild fire."

"Anything else?" Valentine questioned, his eyes looking straight into his followers, needing an answer.

"Lucian Graymark helped the girl."

"How?"

"He's now the leader of the New York pack now. She's under their protection." Valentine chuckled at this.

" Oh, Lucian. Always so chivalrous." A sly grin crawled onto his face. "I think it's time he gets a little visit. Also find you who stole the cup." Valentine turned back to face his wife. "I want to ask them a few questions, and I don't care how you find them, just find them." Blackwell nodded and left the room as Valentine walked back to Jocelyn in her slumber state. "Didn't see this coming, did you Jocelyn."
________________________________________________________________________________

Alec and Avalon quickly walked into the Jade wolf, their hazel eyes resting on a dead forsaken laying at their feet. Avalon raised her arm and opened her mouth to question it. "Don't ask." Luke said, sounding very serious and tried. Both of them nodded and stepped over the forsaken. "Gross" Alec heard his sisters thoughts and smiled as they both walked over to Luke who was standing by one of the booths.

"What are you guys doing here, I was going to call you both when Ryan came back early this morning before that happened." Luke gestured to the Forsaken and the twins just answered his question with a shrug of the shoulders.  "Well what does that mean?" Luke sounded confused.

"It means Clary asked us to meet her here in a few hours late night but she changed it to this morning." Alec simply put with a deadpan face.

"Did she say why she wanted to you you here?" Luke asked motioning for them to giving him more information.

"Just that it was about Simon." Luke now saw the worry plastered on Alec and Avalon's faces. Suddenly they heard the sound the other door to the Jade wolf opening to revel two female Shaowhunters. One with a low blonde ponytail and looking like she was in her early twenties  and the other also sporting a low ponytail with her black slicked back into place and looking like she was in her late forties. Both having the business look on their faces.

"Hello, I'm Lydia Brandwell current head of the New york institute."

" I thought the Lightwoods were the head of the institute." Avalon cut the blonde Shadowhunter off. Now knowing her name was Lydia.  Lydia just glared at her them turned back to Luke.

"As I was saying I'm here with Maryse Lightwood, we heard about the attack."

"It was a forsaken." Avalon said trying to sound as normal as possible, because her an Alec's birth mother was standing right in front of them. She could felt how tense Alec was becoming through their shared bond.

"May I take a look?" Lydia asked her question sounding more like a statement. Luke nodded and showed Lydia where the forsaken was, making brief eye contact with Maryse who gave a small smile.

"What will you do with it?" Avalon questioned trying to make conversation with Maryse who didn't her eldest children were standing right in front of her.

"If Luke agrees we'll take it back to the Institute and do a full autopsy." Maryse stated having no emotion in her voice at all. An uncomfortable silence bubbled between the trio until Alec broke it.

"Is it true?" He asked.

"Is what true?" Maryse sounded confused by Alec's question.

"Was the mortal cup really stolen?" Avalon turned to her brother, her eyes wide with the why expresstion.

"Yes it was." Maryse stated. "But we'll find it."

"What if you can't. What if its in a place where you can't get it." Alec turned to Avalon and looked into her hazel eyes, that were the same as his, both silently agreeing on what to do next.  Making sure no one else was looking they quickly dropped their glamours so Maryse saw their diamond marking. After they saw her hand go to her mouth they put their glamours back up and watched as their mothers eyes became filled with tears of joy.  Right there and then they all just wanted to embrace each other and make up for the past nineteen years.

"Then it belongs there." Maryse said trying not to make her tears fall down her red checks. She put a hand on one of Alec's and Avalon's shoulders. "And don't let it out of there." They nodded as Maryse removed her hands. "I hope to speak to both of you again sometime."

"We look forward to it." Alec smiled along with Avalon as Lydia came back over and left with their mother.  They turned to Luke who walked over to them and engulfed them in a hug.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as the tears began to fall from all of them. About an hour later Clary finally turned up at the Jade wolf with Jace and explained how Simon died at the hands of Camile. A  crazy Vampire, but they already knew abut the crazy part. Luke, Clary Alec and Avalon were now all sitting in a booth. As if they'er day couldn't get any worse.
________________________________________________________________________________

"What do I do?" Clary asked. "If I bring Simon back he'll be-"

"A downworlder. Luke cut her off. "A vampire." He looked at the twins who's faces were blank and both of them zoned out of the on going conversation.

"Clary." Alec spoke as he put his hand on Avalon's how looked like she was about to cry. "If you do bring Simon, it has to be for him not for yourself."

"I understand but it sounds like your not listening." Clary voiced. "We could have Simon back-"

"He won't be the same." Avalon Cut Clary off. Her voice share like a dagger. "He wouldn't want this Clary. And if you bring him back I can't be there."

"Why?"

"Because I blame you for his death." Clary was taken back by Avalon's statement. "If you hadn't of told him about the Shadow-world he wouldn't have gotten kidnapped by vampire and none of this would of happened!" Avalon shouted and stormed out of the Jade wolf with Alec following after her. Deep down Clary knew Avalon was right, she was to blame for the death for Simon Lewis.

A/N

AHHH Valentine knows someone stole the cup, this won't end well. What did you guys this of the part of Alec, Maryse and Avalon???? I thought it was bitter sweet. Until next time.