Chapter 28

Clary, Jace, Isabelle and Simon all sat on the two couches in Magnus' living as they all tried to process, apart from Isabelle what Alec and Avalon had just tried to explain to them in about ten different ways. That they were the Mortal Guardians and that they stole the Mortal cup form the New York institute. The twins along with Magnus all stood at the balcony windows, waiting for one of the group to say something. Anything at this point.

 "So you guys are like the Avatar?" Simon blurted making Isabelle and Jace pull faces of confusion as Alec rolled his eyes at the Tv show reference. A show which he and Avalon loved to watch growing up and it was an amazing tv show. "You know how Avatar Aang has to master all four of the elements to defeat the fire lord from winning the hundred year war and turning the earth kingdom into a fire wasteland." 

"I don't see how this mundane thing is relevant." Jace snapped as he looked at the vampire with a glare before returning his gaze back to Alec and Avalon. "So you were adopted by Luke for your own protection?" He questioned. 

"Yes." Alec sighed 

"And stole the cup from us."

"Yep."

"Along with being kidnapped by Valentine." 

"Yes blondie all of this happened. Do we need to explain another way to get it into your apparently very think skull!!!" Avalon shouted becoming very frustrated with everyone in the room. Except for Alec and Magnus and Isabelle who sat beside Clary looking at the floor not saying a word. Avalon sighed. "Does anybody else have any questions for us?" 

"I do." Clary spoke sending the twins a cold look as anger ripped it's way through her vein's. "Are you the lost Lightwoods?" She asked as Alec and Avalon looked like they didn't know how to answer the question. "You know the Lightwood twins that were stolen in the middle of the night and were never to be seen again. If they were alive now they would be your age along with being Isabelle's older sibling's. You want to know why I even ask if you are? It's because when I went to the other dimension you two were Izzy's siblings. So I'll ask again. Are you two the lost Lightwoods?" Alec and Avalon looked at each other wondering if they should say anything about the question they were being asked by their very angry friends. 

"They are." Everyone looked at Isabelle who spoke in a quite voice as she raised her head to face everyone. "Before you all go, "why didn't you tell us" I've only known for like a week and my mother made me swear not to say any thing about it to anyone. She hasn't even told Max." She raised her voice at the last part before mouthing 'sorry' to Alec and Avalon who both sent her an apologetic smiled as Alec mouthed 'it's  okay' back to their younger sister.   

"So what else have you been lying to our faces about, apart from being Izzy's long lost siblings and being these all powerful guardians?" Clary asked in a bit of a demanding tone. 

"Well for one we aren't all powerful, I think." Alec snapped back at the red-head. "And well, Avalon you go first." 

"I have a werewolf boyfriend." Avalon stated simply

"Is it Ryan?" Simon questioned as he had a feeling about the pair being a thing when he saw then together at the Jade Wolf.  He saw Avalon nod and laid back into the couch. "And is Alec hiding a secret girlfriend or something?" 

"Boyfriend actually." Alec said shyly correcting his friend, as everyone's mouth hung open a bit as they were all a little in shock. 

"Who?" Simon questioned as Magnus raised his hand making everyone's eyes go wide. Before him, Alec and Avalon could get bombarded with even more questions there was a knock at the door. Magnus used his magic to open the door to his apartment to revel a very angry looking Luke who came marching in. 

"You two, sanctuary, now." The werewolf pointed to the twins who bowed their head and nodded as Avalon created a portal and disappeared through it, along with Alec. Simon turned his head to Magnus who had his arms crossed across his chest. 

"So you and Alec," He said trying to going off topic a bot but the warlock just gave him the shut up face. Luke motioned to Jace, Clary and Isabelle. " You three go back to the Institute now. And you." He pointed to Simon. "Go back to the Jade Wolf. NOW!!" He shouted as they all got up off the couches and head towards the door as Luke whipped his hand over his face along with Magnus having a very worried look on his face. But all Clary could think about as she head through the door is how she's been feed more lies from the twins, Luke even Magnus. She felt anger and betrayal flow through her as she though about all the lies she had been told.

________________________________________________________________________________

Clary walked into the Jade Wolf the next day hoping to see Luke so she to talk to him, and get a better explanation than the one she got last night from the twins as to why they just didn't tell her about them being the Mortal Guardians. Even when they claimed they won't lie to her anymore, they did and she felt hurt that they didn't trust her enough to just tell her. As Clary entered the Jade Wolf she saw that Luke was seem to be having a deep conversation with a boy with dirty blonde hair and looked to be a little older that her. She assumed that he was a werewolf and part of Luke's pact. they both turned to the red-head seeing her now in the restaurant. "Go Ryan, go see Ava." Luke said  to the other werewolf who just nodded and walked passed Clary and out of the Jade wolf. 

"Wait was that Avalon's boyfriend?" She questioned as in was now Just her and Luke in the restaurant.

"Yes." Luke replied with a bit of annoyed look on his face, as he turned to face Clary. "He was asking if Avalon was alright with what happen last night, as well as Alec. Why are you here any what, shouldn't you getting ready for Max's rune ceremony?" 

"I need to know why you continued to lie to me, why Alec and Ava lied to me." Clary said crossing her arms making it clear to the alpha werewolf that she wouldn't leave until she get an explanation. Luke sighed. 

"It was to protect them. From the moment Maryse discovered their powers she knew that if Valentine found out what they were he would take them by force and do unspeakable things to them. And he find out, because of Hodge and he took them and." Luke stopped talking knowing if he total Clary what Valentine did to the twins he would probably start to cry and to stop himself from shouting at her. "And even if Maryse keep them the Clave would have found out and they would have been under constant supervision. Not aloud to go anywhere or do any thing. In either situation they would have been treated like lab rats or objects, not living people with feelings." 

"Did my mother know about them?" Clary asked with a tight voice as if she was holding something back. 

"No, she didn't." Luke stated sitting down  at one of the booths. "She knew what I told her, that they were two orphaned Shadowhunters that Valentine experimented on when they were babies. She didn't know they were Lightwoods and she never pressed any questions about them or what they could do." Clary's face soften from the hard expression she had been wearing as it became covered in retaliation. 

"No one really knew, did they." 

"No, they had to remain a secret, but it's only a matter of time until the whole Shadow-world finds out." Luke said softly as she down at the booth with Luke. 

"But why didn't they tell me about Ryan and Magnus?"

"Well Magnus was the one wiping you memories and well Ryan is a werewolf, they are part of the Shadow-world. They probably did want to tell you but stopped because of Jocelyn. She didn't really approve of you hanging out with Alec and Avalon so much, beaucse they knew of the Shadow-world. She didn't want you to have anything to do with the Shadow-world." Luke saw that Clary started to calm up at the mention of her mother, with her death still feeling fresh for her. 

"I um should go get ready for the party." Clary muttered hurrying out of the Jade Wolf feeling guilty. Guilty that she was so angry at Luke, Alec and Avalon for lying to her. She now understood that everything Luke did for them was to protect. She knew that Luke loved the twins as if they were is own children. He was just trying to keep them safe. 

A/N 

CLARY, JACE AND SIMON KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until next time