Chapter 31

Luke, Magnus, Ryan and even Isabelle ran through the halls of the Sanctuary heading straight for the vault that keep the Mortal instruments locked away from the rest of the world. They had hoped to find Alec and Avalon somewhere in the Sanctuary after their little vanishing act when they took the soul from Valentine, revealing themselves as the Mortal Guardians in the whole Shadow-world in the  process. All four of them came or a sudden stop as they reached the vault doors, seeing that shut meaning they were locked tight. Isabelle stumbled a bit losing her balance a little with Luke catching the shadowhunter. 

"You ok?" He asked out of concern knowing the battle Isabelle was facing with the Yen Fin still in her system and the effect of it starting to wear off. Isabelle just gave Luke a reassuring nod. 

"I'm fine." She said quickly regaining her balance and turning her attention to the wooden vault doors at stood before her. "So how do we get them open." She asked seeing all of the boys look at each other worried about some unspoken thing. 

"There is just one tiny problem with that." Ryan said pulling a small frown. 

"Only you siblings can open them. The door only opens in responses to their magic." Magnus huffed as they all saw the problem before them. They all just stayed silence not really knowing what they were going to do. However Luke and Ryan had seemed to zone out of the whole thing.  Both of them had used there wolf hearing to see if they could hear any type of movement behind the doors. Instead they heard the sound of the vault locks clicking and turning like they were being unlocked. 

"Um guys I think we should step back." Luke said in quite a raised tone that gave away his panic as he motion for them all of them to step away from the doors as a burst of some sort of energy flowed over the wooden panels looking like the swirls of gold that would cover the doors when either Alec and Avalon would open them. The doors swung open in front of the group, taking them all by surprise. As they looked inside they saw that Alec and Avalon were lying on the floor in what seemed to be an unconscious state. Ryan and Magnus rushed to their sides as Luke stayed beside Isabelle notice that she was shaking a bit and starting to lose her balance again not even bother to notice the contents of the vault. Magnus brushed rouge hairs out of Alec's face as Ryan quickly checked for a pulse on Avalon, knowing that if she would have one, then  Alec would have one. He found one but it was weak. 

"Their alive." He shouted to Luke and Isabelle seeing Magnus sigh and bow his head in relief that Alec was alive. But without warning Isabelle started to fall to the floor but lucky Luke catches her, scooping her in his arms. She was now feeling the full effects of coming down from the high of Yen fin.  

"Take them to their rooms, I'll help Izzy." Luke said calmly but in a rushed tone as Ryan and Magnus picked up the twins and took them to their rooms and waited for the one they loved to wake up. While Luke stayed with Isabelle and helped her with the effects of her sweating out the Yen Fin in her system. All they could do was wait.   

________________________________________________________________________________

Ryan watched Avalon for hours as she laid peacefully on her bed, asleep. He waited for the girl he loved to awake up seeing the slow but steady raising and falling of her chest showing her breathing pattern. He knew that what ever she and Alec did to counteract the power of the soul sword must of taken a lot of their energy and strength. He help her hand, waiting for any type of movement for her as she laid perfectly still. A few tears started to roll out of his eyes as he heard footsteps coming closer to the room. He whipped his head around to see to her surprise Alec standing in the door frame.

"Why isn't she awake if I am?" Alec asked his voice full of worry for his twin. Ryan shook his head wiping the tears as Alec sat beside him, both not knowing why Avalon wasn't awake. 

"She isn't wake?" A new voice entered the room. The boys turned their head to see Isabelle who seemed to be in a much better state than before, a little pale but seeming to be better. "Why isn't she awake?"

"I don't know." Ryan said in a small voice turning to face Alec. "Do you think she could of taken more of the affects of the sword then you?" He asked. 

"It's possible. She was holding it when we put it into the vault and when we took it from Valentine." Alec mumbled his way through the sentence but Isabelle and Ryan heard him loud and clear. "Magnus would know why, but he and Luke had to got help Clary with whatever demon is in New York." He sighed and laid his hand on Avalon's shoulder, feeling a sort of burst of lighting surge through him causing him to pull his hand away. Both Isabelle and Ryan looked at confused. 

"What was that?" Ryan asked since Alec had to jerk his hand away from his own twin and he was holding Avalon's hand and he wasn't jerking away. 

"It, it was like lighting." He stammered as they all saw Avalon's eyes burst open. None of them knew what just happened as Avalon looked at all of their surprise and shocked faces. 

"Why are you all in my room." She asked in a horsed voice sitting up with Ryan engulfing her in a hug. She was a little confused as to what was going on but hugged him back . As they parted she just looked as everyone in her room and was the relief that had washed over them.

"Ok please tell me that I didn't die or something and that's why you are all looking at he like a rose from the frickin dead."   She said in a dead pan serious tone causing all of them to erupt into laughed which is something they all needed. Avalon joined in with them getting caught up in the moment. AS the laughter died down she turned to Isabelle who was standing at the back of the room. She motioned for her little sister to come closer as so she did. As Isabelle now stood at the foot of the bed she looked at her. "Are you ok?" She asked everyone knowing what Avalon was asking Isabelle. Was she ok after the Yen Fin. 

"I'm ok." Isabelle replied with a smile and with one giving her a smile back. 

"Then were all ok."  Avalon breathed knowing that everyone she loved as cared about was ok. For the time being.

A/N

Cute little sister moment there. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter because the next one is going to be crazy. Until next time