Chapter 37

Alec lay in the bed that he and Magnus shared together in the warlock's, apartment. The place where they shared some of their most precious moments together, where they had some of their worse fights. But no matter what they loved each other, more that any words could say, it was a love that knew no bounds, and this apartment, when they were together was their home.

Alec started to stir awake, rolling over to his side to greet Magnus. Resting his hand on what he excepted to be his boyfriends warm and gental skin, but instead was greeted with the soft touch of the silk sheets. The raven head was confused sitting up in the bed searching for his love. "Magnus?" He called out, his voice raspy as he had just woken up. There was no reply, he torn the covers off, picked his shirt off the floor, walking out to the kitchen to see Magnus sitting at the table staring off into space. "There you are." Alec said slipping on his shirt with Magnus turning around, greeting him with a smile and a cup of tea his his tender hands.

"Good morning." He said cheerfully.

"I'd say the same, but it looks like you haven't slept."

"Should I be insulted by that?" Magnus question smirking and walking to his boyfriend who returned the smirk.

"No. I love that face. But this is, like, the fourth morning in a row that I've woken up to an empty bed. Is there something bothering you?" Alec questioned know that Magnus would usually pretend that everything was fine when something was wrong.

"Nothing is bothering me." Magnus assured him, starting play with the sleeve of Alec shirt. "I was just think about your adorable little snores .

"Hey I don't snore." Alec said deafening himself as Magnus started to imitate his snoring and how adorable it was. "Look Magnus, I know you, and I know when something is going with you and how you don't really like to talk about it, when you are ready to talk just come and I'll listen." Alec noticed Magnus' demeanor change to be a more shy one. With the warlock nodding and looking into Alec eyes knowing that he couldn't hide anything from him.

"I will." He said planting a small but gental and loving kiss to Alec's lips, grateful to have him in his life.

________________________________________________________________________________

Luke sat in the Jade Wolf, watching Simon walk out and playing with his fingers, meaning something was on his mind. He'd just been put on a new case with the mundane police. A murder. A girl who had been killed and drained of all of her blood, finding bite marks on her arms. Of course he talked to Simon, the kid being a vampire now and a downworlder, he might have hear something as to how the girl died. But he claim to know nothing and walking out the door. But unfortunately Luke knew Simon was lying to his face, with the police having found his own finger prints on the poor dead girls bracelet.

The thought had crossed the werewolf's mind a few times over the past hour, but he knew that Simon wasn't even cable of hurting a fly, let alone killing a mundane girl. But with Simon being a vampire now, he wasn't sure. There had to be more to the story that what was on the surface. Luke sighed, letting his mind drift in different directions until it landed on one thought. The events that happened a few nights ago, when he bumped into Maryse Lightwood at the institute the night he had the downworlder cabinet meeting.

________________________________________________________________________________

Luke was walking the halls of the institute, trying to clear his head. He stopped taking a deep breath. The downworld cabinet that he had reluctantly agreed to be apart of was taking a bit of a break. The whole cabinet was the idea of Isabelle Lightwood as a away to try and repair the broken trust between the Shadowhunters and Downworlders. He just hadn't expected to get overwhelmed in a manner of speaking. He did want the meeting to go well or the sake of Alec and Avalon. Being rising as manly Downworlders they saw how the Clave treated them, and Truth be told they felt more at home with downworlders than Shadowhunters, even now when everyone knew that they were the Mortal Guardians, two seen a gods in the shadowhunter community, they got stared at and whispered about, because they were half downwolder. This meeting had to go well, from them, for his children, so they could feel a little less like outsiders.