Chapter 23

Start of season two, lets go!!!!!

 Maryse Lightwood stood on top of the steps in the main control center of the New York institute, with all of her fellow Shadowhunters looking as a leader in a time of chaos. "We are at war." She spoke strongly- her eyes darted to the back of the the room as she saw Clary, Jocelyn, Luke and there Vampire friend run in. "We found have out that Valentine doesn't have the Mortal cup, but make no mistake he will be raising an army with or out. And one of our own has joined him. " Maryse paused for a moment as her eyes landed on Luke, who looked at her and nodded for her to continue with her speech. 

"As a result, the Clave has declared a state of emergency at the Institute. Their first priority is to replace the current leadership, who they have deemed wholly ineffectual. It is an honor to introduce the newly appointed head of the New York Institute, Clave representative, Victor Aldertree." Maryse walked down the stair as quickly as she could breathing out a shaky breathe. She joined Isabelle at her side as Aldetree made his speech about how the top priority was finding Jace. His voice was muffed to Maryse ears as she zoned out of the whole situation as her eyes became locked with Luke's once again.  Time slowed around both of them as they locked at each other the whole world became grey and everything else just faded away. Maryse wanted nothing more to rush over to Luke, to be in his arms, but she was snapped out of her trance by Isabelle shaking her on the shoulder gently.  

"Mom, you ok?" She asked her eyes filled with worried. Maryse nodded and noticed that everyone including Luke had moved out of the control center.

"Come with me." She whispered to Isabelle who was confused but quickly followed after her mother. After a few minutes the pair of Lightwood found themselves in the institutes greenhouse. Maryse looked around before closing the door behind her. 

"Why are we up here?" Isabelle asks as her mother sits down on one of the wooden benches the was surrounded by beautiful flowers of all different colors. It was calm place for her at this point in time. 

"No one comes up here anymore. So we can talk about Alec and Avalon without being disturbed." A glint of curiosity came into Isabelle's eyes as she sat down beside her mother. "Now you have to promise not the utter a word to anyone about this. Not father or Max, not even Jace and Clary."

"I promise." Isabelle reassured her mother who closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again as she began to tell Isabelle the story of her siblings. 

"All right then. It was the twin's first birthday, your father was at a Circle meeting while I was with Alec and Avalon at Lightwood manor. We were obviously still living in Idris at the time and it was a perfectly normal day until it wasn't. I had decide to spend the afternoon in the garden with the twins, it was their favorite place in the whole world back then. They were laughing and chasing each other around in the grass." Maryse smiled at the memory. "Back then they were attached at the hip, they would do everything they could do together. They hated being apart. After a few minutes of them running around I noticed  these marking starting to appear to their arms, I-I couldn't make them out. Then all of a sudden I was knocked back by a wave of golden magic, and I saw out of nowhere all of these flowers starting to bloom all over the garden. I didn't know what was going on." Maryse voice was beginning to fill with panic as she continued to tell the story. 

"Alec and Avalon ran over to me and I saw that the marking on their arm's more closely and saw they were the marking of the mortal Guardians. I didn't know what do do that point. I knew your father would be returning soon, and back then he would have done anything for Valentine. Including handing over his own children for being part downworlder. So I glamoured their marking and ran I blood test on them the next day to make sure I wasn't going crazy. The results came back saying that they had unknown substances in their blood steam." 

"Phoenix and pure angel." Isabelle said softly. 

"Yes."

"What did you do after that?"

"I hid what they were from everyone, it was hard. Their magic would go off and make random thing happen and people would question it. A month later we were here in New York, the Circle had been brought down, Valentine was thought to be dead and I thought everything would be fine. But after a few day's Robert noticed that something was off with the twins. I manged to make him think it was nothing but I knew he wouldn't let it go. I had to do sometime. So that night I took Alec and Avalon out of their cribs and suck out of the institute tracked down Luke." 

"So you could give Alec and Avalon to him so he could protect them, from the Clave and everyone in the Shadow-world that would hurt them." Marsye nodded as tears started to leak from her eyes. "What was the deed?"

"What do you mean?" Maryse asked as she wiped the tears away. 

"In the legend in mentions that a noble deed must be do to a Downworlder from a Shadowhunter for the guardians to come. So what noble deed you do?" 

"Saved Luke after he was attacked by wolves by then he was all ready a werewolf."

"But Luke said the women he loved saved him that night." Isabelle looked at her mother wide eyed. "By the angel, you'er were love with Luke."

"I still am." Maryse as softly as she felt Isabelle's arm's warp around her. The two parted and Isabelle looked at her mother. 

"I understand, you did what you thought was right." They smiled at each other. "You had to make sure they were safe." Maryse breathed a sigh of relief knowing that Isabelle understood why she did what she did. "Sooo tell me more about you and Luke." Maryse laughed as the mother and daughter duo talked and talked for hours, until they had to returned to their duties, Isabelle happy to have the whole story. 

________________________________________________________________________________

At the Sanctuary, Alec laid on his bed looking up at the ceiling which he had transformed into a starry night sky like the one's he saw when Luke took him and Avalon camping. He heard his phone ring on this bedside table for about the millionth time. He ignored it and just let it go to voice mail. Alec heard this bedroom door creak open, he didn't bother to look up already knowing it was his twin sister who laid on the next to him. "Clary call you too?" She asked. 

"Yep, non stop." Alec popped the 'p' in yep. "How many times has she called you?"

"I've lost count and Ryan went back to the Jade Wolf so he can't calm me. And Luke is with Jocelyn to make sure everything with them is alright and that they don't suspect anything.  Anything from Magnus?" Avalon turned her head to Alec who continued to look at the night sky.

"Clary asked him if he could help track Jace, because apparently the Clave isn't doing anything."

"The Clave being unhelpful what a surprise.I wonder why they wouldn't help her in tracking her boyfriend turned brother for her own benefit." Alec laughed at his sisters comment about the Clave. The pair fell into a comfortable silences looking up at the starry night sky. But their silence was broken By Avalon's phone ringing, she got it out of her pocket seeing that it was Clary calling again, she let it go to voice mail. 

"Hey Ava." Clary's voice came out of the phone both of the twin's were surprised at this. "I know that you and Alec are in hiding and all but I really at talk to you guys. Thing's over here are crazy, just call me back please." The line went dead and both Alec and Avalon Huffed out in frustration as they continued to stare at the night sky above them. 

A/N

Opening chapter of season two What did you all think (please tell me) Until next time. The Shadow-world awaits.