Chapter 41

Max Lightwood fell out of the portal that Alec and Avalon had sucked him through in order to get him away from Sebastian, well Johnathan Morgenstern really, landing face first and sliding across a smooth stoned floor. Groaning from the pain he now felt over his body, Max sat up slightly, still holding onto his sisters war fans. Looking around he saw that he seemed to be in some sort of control room, the same type of one that was in institute back in New York. Seeing the monitors, Max stood up, placed Avalon's Wars fans on the table that accompanied one of the monitors and walked straight ahead to the gray stoned statue that stood a few meters away from him, that block the incoming rays of the sun from the stain glass window behind it. 

He could clearly tell that it was a statue of an angel, that much was obvious from the wings. But the armor it was wearing remind Max of something that he could quite place. But when he saw the cup and sword the angel was holding it when it clicked for the young boy. He recognized the statue from every single book on the Mortal guardians. He was standing in front of the first every statue of the angel Raziel. A million thought raced through the young boys mind as he looked out the stained glass window just to make sure that he wasn't wrong as to where his brother and sister sent him. Seeing the roaring waves on the ocean crashing against the rock walls of the lush green island he seemed to be stuck on. Out of the corner of his eye Max could see the tip of a golden wing that seemed to be mounted to one of the roofs of the building that seemed to be it's main entrance. He gasped, turned around and immediately sprinted out the room and raced down the halls. Making several wrong turns and climbing up and down several along the way, until finally he found church like doors at the end of a long grand looking hallway. 

Bursting through the doors as sunlight invaded his line of sight, Max saw the peaceful landscape of the island. How the waves where the only thing on make a sound. He also saw a sort of clear energy field surrounding the whole of the island. He guessed it was a sort of glamour to keep it hidden the rest of the world making the only way on to and off the island would be to portal and if you knew where you were going. Max turned around to see the building behind him in it's full glory. The golden angel statute mounted to the entrance roof, different levels of the built perfectly molded ad craved to if the land space. Looking more and more like a castle or palace of some sort than an institute. 

Max knew where he was, he was standing in front of the first ever institute to be built for the Shadowhunters. The first home of the mortal instruments. A place that couldn't be found on any sort of map, a place that was thought to be lost to time its self when Johnathan Shadowhunter died but was mentioned in one legend, that until recently everyone through was a myth. Max Lightwood was sanding before the sanctuary, home and safe place to the mortal guardians.  

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ryan sat on one of the bar stools in the Hunters Moon, starring at his blank phone screen. Hoping, praying, begging for Avalon to call or text him. Hell, he'd even settle for an email at this point. She'd text him only three hours ago, delaying their plans to meet up with each other. Avalon only pushed their plans back by an hour, and Ryan as you would guess had been waiting at the hunters moon for two. Ryan had left at lest a dozen messages for Avalon. He even called Alec but no response. He would ask Luke or Magnus if they knew where the twins were, but as the world would have it, they were both stuck in a downworld meeting that was being held inside the Seelie realm, and he didn't want to go there. 

"You know if you stare at that thing any harder it might ring or exploded." Maia, quipped behind the bar, polishing a glass and walking over to her fellow pack member. She saw the distress and worry on Ryan's face as he didn't even look up at her when she talked. Sighing she dared to ask the question. "Ok what's wrong?"