Chapter 44

Valentine Morgerstern calmly walked through the pine wood forest of the Shadowhunter home country of Idris.  Gripping his phone tightly in one hand, being very careful not to lose it, it was the only thing keeping the Mortal Guardians in their weaken state as they walked behind the mad-man. The calls of the instruments filled both Alec and Avalon's heads, echoing around and around like a cursed song, which in a way it was. It was the only sound that filled their heads for the past twenty fours hours, causing them a great deal of pain, as told by the dry blood stains that had trickled their way down their neck from their, staining their diamond like markings. It  kept them in a drugged like state, with the way Valentine manipulated the called for his own use. But as an extra precaution, Valentine kept the guardians in hand cuffs and chains that tied the cuffs to their ankles.   

He knew that they couldn't do anything in their state, being to weak to even use their magic or shadowhunter abilities to fight him off. Even when he dragged them through the Seelie Court, meeting the Queen and making a deal with one of many devils. The Queen granting him and his chosen followers safe passage to the Shadowhunter homeland through the infamous Seelie realm portals. Now he had everything he needed top raise the angel, to use the wish for his own desire. Re-creating the Shadow-world in his own image that he saw fit. All he needed to do was to slip the blood of the embodiment of heavens objects in the waters where the angle first rose, He needed to slip the blood of Alexander and Avalon Lightwood. 

"You know what's funny about all this?" He chuckled, knowing that the twins couldn't answer no matter how hard they tried. "The funny thing is that you two are the born protects of the mortal instruments, you even stopped me from getting the Mortal cup and using the soul sword to get rid of those Downworlders. You two have so much power, the perfect blend of Shadowhunter and Downworlder-" Valentine spat the word Downworlder with venom and hate in his voice. "-But now your blood, your downworld blood is the very thing that will help me destroy those demonic half breeds once and for all. Only fitting in my eyes." 

Valentine said cockily, having no doubt in his mind that he would succeed in his task. What he didn't know is that the calls of the instruments wasn't the only thing that filled the guardian's heads. A small detail that he had simply over looked, tossed aside because he thought in would never come into play in these circumstances. While it was true with the way Valentine used the instruments calls weaken the guardians powers, it couldn't weaken one thing. Their bond, telepathically talking to each other inside their heads, secretly planing away to hopefully stop Valentine before he wiped out the downworlder. For good. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Clary and Jace ran to the edge of the Idris forest, under the cover of the pitch black night hopping to reach Lake Lyn before Valentine used the twins as vessels to summon the angel Raziel into the mortal realm. That couldn't happen. They reached the famous Lake seeing the dark waters untouched and no one around for miles. Well that's how it appeared to be. Clary looked around confused. 

"Are we too late." She asked, a bit out of breath. Jace shook his head. 

"No." He assured her. "No, if he'd raised the Angel, we'd know it. We beat him here. We can stop him." They smiled at each other briefly. The smallest glimmer of hope bubbled inside of them. Jace turned around about to formulate a plan in order to stop Valentine only to be confronted by the man-mad, about to stab him through the heart.

"STOP!" A voiced yelled just before the steel of Valentines knife could pierce Jace's skin. Everyone reconsidered the voice to be Alec's as he and Avalon seemed to appeared into thin air, kneeling on the ground. Hidden by a glamour that Valentine must has cast over them to keep them hidden from anyone who tried to rescue them. Clary and Jace looked at the twins, the chains weighting them down to the ground, dark circles around their hazel eyes, the clear trail of crimson blood that begun from their ears and stained their pale skin, much paler then what it usually is. They looked sick to Jace and Clary, they were usually so strong and full of light, but now it looked like they were just barley clinging on to life. From what they learnt at the sanctuary Alec and Avalon must have been affected by the calls of the Mortal instruments for a long time to be in this sort of shape. "Don't kill him." Alec pleaded seeming desperate.