Chapter 3

Clary sat on a wooden bench in the institute, feeling frustrated with everything that was going on in her life at the moment. Nothing made sense to her anymore, nothing at all. Clary hear the clicking of heels and look up to see Isabelle standing in front of her. "There you are, are you ok?" She asked the red head over the few days that Clary had known about the Shadow world, Isabelle and Jace had helped guide her through it. In many ways Izzy remind Clary of Avalon, just the more flirty version of her and less serious, and sarcastic. 

"I saw my mom, then Jace-" 

" I heard and believe me there have been many times where I have wanted to kill Jace." Izzy sat next to Clary, and looked at her. "Look I know that Jace can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but he means well. That necklace is very dangerous." 

"I'll take that risk on my own." 

"The problem is, you'er not on your own, Clary. You're part of us now." 

" I just – I wish I knew what to do. All of this, it's so new to me. I just... I'll do anything to save her." Clary stared to tear up at the through of not being able to save her mother from her lunatic of a father. 

"I get it you love her, we'll do anything to save the one's we love." Clary looked at Izzy as she said this seeing a heaviness in her eyes, as if she had lost someone she cared about dearly. 

"Izzy are you ok." She asked her friend. 

"Yeah, fine." Izzy wiped away a few tears that had managed to escape her eyes.

"No you'er not talk to me." Clary saw the sadness in her friends eyes. 

"The memory that the demon took, when we were at Magnus, was of my little brother Max."

 "Did something happen to him?" 

"No But something did happen to my older siblings."

"Older siblings?" Now Clary was just confused She didn't know that Isabelle dad any siblings at all, other from Jace who was adopted by the Lightwoods when he was ten. Isabelle breathed out before she spoke. 

"Before I was born my parents had twins, a boy and a girl, but when they only a year old they were taken in the middle of the night. My parents didn't know until the sun rose the next morning. That was a year before I was born." Clary was shocked. She felt so sorry for Isabelle and her family. "Every Shadowhunter knows the story. They call them the lost Lightwoods."

"I'm so sorry Izzy. No one should ever, ever have to go through that."  

"Yeah, off the topic of the sad and depressing what's your mom like?" Clary smiled at the thought of her mother and told Isabelle all about her. 

Both Clary and Isabelle were now standing in the main entrance of the institute Talking about how Clary might Have another idea of how she could find her mother. Suddenly a bright purple light turned their attention to the doors where a woman stepped out from a portal, that was none other than Isabelle's mother. Maryse Ligthwood. " Isabelle. Dressed to impress, I see." She greeted her daughter with a warm smile and a hug and saw the neck lace she was wearing. " And you've been playing with the family heirlooms." Maryse turned her head to Clary. "You must be Clary Fairchild, we've heard all about you in Idris."

 "Idris?" Clary questioned.

 "The Shadowhunter  homeland. If you think the Institute is well hidden, wait until you see that place." Isabelle answered then turned to her mother.  "How's Max? We all miss him. My little brother, cute but clingy. Kinda Simon-ish."

" Robert's picking him up at the Mumbai Institute. I need to talk with you and Jace. We have a situation that has to be handled now." Maryse said the last bit in a hushed voice as she made her way past Clary and Isabelle, to find Jace.