Chapter 45

Alec's eyes begun to flutter open, feeling worse for wear and barely being able to make out his own surroundings. Only knowing that he was in white room, light falling in to the already bright room. He felt the cold material of floor he laid on, sitting himself up, feeling his body ache all over like he'd been hit by a bus or airplane, and only just being able to make out the present of his twin sister, Avalon who sat beside his. Looking like she'd just woken up as well. Alec's vision slowly began to clear, not being able to see his sister fully, her worried, shocked and confused expression that covered her whole face. He understood why once he saw where the twins had ended up. They were in the vault at the Sanctuary, both twins instantly recognizing the runes and the church like room. Along with the Mortal instruments were only sitting a few feet away from them. What puzzled them was the one questioned that they didn't really have to ask each other. 

How the hell did they get here?

The last thing that both of them remembered was walking into the waters of Lake Lyn, seeing Clary and Jace watching helpless and cutting their hands. The rest of it was a blank slate in their minds. A void that needed to be filled somehow. What confused them the most out all of this was the white, feather winged man kneeling in front of them. Looking like he was praying, muttering words that neither twin understood. His head bowed down, his blond hair covering the rest of his paled skinned face. Avalon looked at her brother who was just as confused as her but then her eyes landed upon the instruments. Seeing how they were all glowing the smallest bit inside their crystal cabinets. That's when the thought hit her mind like lightning, turning her gaze back to the winged man in front of them. 

"Raziel?" Avalon questioned, her voice raspy but saw the angels head shoot up upon hearing his name. Eyes open to reveal their almost mythical, golden color to them, the same sort of golden color that the twins had when ever they used their own magic. 

But to say the least they didn't expect Raziel to look so human to them. They thought that anywhere he was he would be surrounded by this powerful, mystical, angelic light that filled the room. Not a simple man with blonde hair and golden eyes. "What happened?" Alec asked the angel who sighed. A heavy look weighing on his face., and that look on anyone's face was never a good sign.

"I was summoned back to the Mortal realm. With you two being the vessels that allowed me to return." Raziel spoke with such humanity in voice. The the sort of god like one he'd just used with Valentine only mer-minutes ago. "He almost compelled me to an action of his choice. If that were to have been for filled-"

"We would have died." Avalon said grimly. 

"Yes. He was stopped by his daughter who dealt him a fatal blow." 

"You mean he's dead?" Alec questioned a little shocked. "Clary killed Valentine?" Raziel nodded. Silence filled the room a million questions running though the twins heads "Why'd you bring us here, the vault out of all places?" Alec questioned the Angel once again, who looked around the room with a sort of familiarity. 

"This place is the only other place in the mortal realm apart from begin summoned at Lake lyn." Avalon raised an eyebrow at this, her gaze setting back on the instrument and their own glow. 

"Because of the instruments?" She asked. "Is that why they'er glowing like that?" Raziel nodded once again, looking at Alec and Avalon. His eyes were filled with a sort of begging look as he spoke. 

"I never intended to return here. I never wanted you, the guardians of heavens objects to be used as the vessels that brought me here. I'd hoped that no one apart from the first one of the nephilm would ever know that information. When you both became the embodiment of the instruments, all of heaven felt it. But I feared for the both of you. Feared that you would be used for the power you had gained, and my fears came true." Raziel looked ashamed of himself. Ashamed that the mad-man Valentine had used the very twins he had tasked with keeping the mortal instruments safe. To prevent them from being used by anyone who would use them for their own evil deeds. Only for the guardians themselves to be used for such a selfish, evil deed by Valentine.