Chapter Eighty-two: la Famiglia

Bucciarati found a small weight on his chest when he woke up. He looked down to see a mass of plum violet hair and a trio of three silver horns. He laid his head back on his pillow with a sigh. His hands ran over the mass of plum colored hair. It had been almost a week since he found the tiny girl. He had taken her home, given her a much needed bath and fed her a bit. She had only become kind of clingy a few days after being taken in. She loved to follow Bruno, see what he was doing and help him in some tasks. Not that he minded. She was helpful. His group was a little cautious at first, then started to talk to the child.
The Italian man's blue eyes looked at the ceiling of his room, he felt the breathing of the little girl on his chest. He had not yet seen what her stand could do. He had been hiding her from the rest of the gang, only his group knew about her. Bruno rose from the bed, the small child snuggled to his chest after feeling the cool air of morning on her skin. The Italian smiled a little as the little red eyes of the tiny child looked up at him. "Buongiorno, (y/n).," the Italian man smiled to the little girl. "Buongiorno.," She yawned back and rubbed her little eyes.

"I need to do a few things today. You are going to spend some time with the others while I am working.," Bucciarati told the child, "Do you think you can behave?" (Y/n) nodded with drowsy movement, "Yes papa." Bruno stopped getting up and looked at the small face of the tiny child that he held. He felt some warmth in his chest. He set her down on the floor. The little girl stretched and rubbed her horns, a small habit that Bruno noticed she had. She went to put on one of the little dresses he got for her, her small feet padded on the floor. He wondered about her horns but chalked it to be a feature of her species. Bruno changed and heard the tapping of tiny shoes coming back to him. The little plum haired girl looked up to him, "Can you zip up my dress?" She was wearing a flowery patterned sundress. Bruno zipped up the back and tied a bow with the ribbon belt. Little child was pretty happy as she spun around and watched dress move in the mirror, her plum mass of hair followed suit.
(Y/n) followed Bucciarati to his kitchen and watched him make a simple breakfast. After they ate, the child helped him clean up. The two left the house together and went to Abbacchio's home. Bucciarati knocked on the door and waited. There was a jingling of a lock and the door opened. Abbacchio stood there, looking tired. "Did I wake you?," Bruno asked his friend with a smile. "You did. What do you need, Bucciarati?," the dual colored eyed man asked. "I need you to look after (y/n) while I do a task ordered by Polpo.," Bruno answered.

Abbacchio's yellow and violet eyes looked down to see the little ruby red eyes of the tiny girl looking up at him. She was holding a doll. "Fine.," Abbacchio said and moved to the side so the child could walk in. Bruno knelt to talk to the little girl, "Be good for Abbacchio." "I will.," the little girl replied and Bruno stood up, "Papa." Bruno and Abbacchio looked down at the girl as she had a big smile up to Bruno. Bruno made a smile and said goodbye to both before leaving. Abbacchio closed the door to his home after the girl walked inside. He was grumbling about being tired as the small child looked around the home. It was clean. There were a few pictures of Abbacchio from when he was a kid, when he was a policeman and with the younger people of his group. He had books sorted on the bookshelf and a movie rack with different movies.
The plum haired child looked at the titles of the movies as Abbacchio sat on the couch. She found one she recognized and pulled it out to look at the art on the box, she made a small squeal and hugged the box. Abbacchio called her to come she him what she found. She did and he took the movie from her. "You have odd taste. This is a very old movie.," the former policeman spoke, "A Zeppeli film." (Y/n) nodded, "Caesar was a bit mean when I met him over sixty years ago. Just like his grandfather was over one hundred years ago." Abbacchio slowly lowered the vhs box and looked at the little girl, "Just how old are you?" "Human years, pillar years or rough estimate?," the girl asked. "Give me a rough number.," he answered. "Over four thousand years.," (y/n) replied.