Chapter Sixty-four: Ghost alley

Santana seemed happier in the following weeks. He and (y/n) went hunting and found some deer to eat, they could have eaten some evil humans, but decided not to. The plum haired child and her guard began training and sparring in the fields outside of town. Many times they returned to the hotel in exhaustion after training hard all night. They were tired but happy. After a shower and a change of clothes, the two would snuggle close together to rest. The much much larger vermillion haired pillar man even was protective in his sleep, his arm was over the small child he was guarding and locked in a vice grip. 
(Y/n) did not mind this, as he was just doing what he believed was the right way to protect her. Although, it was sometimes annoying to wake up with her face squished against the broad and muscular chest of her guard. He relaxed a little over the weeks and allowed (y/n) to go walk with Josuke and Okuyasu. She loved the time she spent with her stepbrother. She also loved the time she spent with Santana.

The tiny pillar girl walked by herself through the town. She passed by the alley where she heard voices calling for her. The voices again were calling for her. Voices that were familliar. The voices were calling for her to come into the alley and join them. The child walked away quickly to avoid the alley. The voices called after her to come back. She did not want to go, something felt a little off about that area. She had purchased some snacks from the convenience store and ran back to the hotel.
Her tiny hands were full, so she had her stand knock on the door. The sight of a bladed wing carefully knock on a grand wooden door was a little amusing. Santana opened the door and looked down before looking left and right, he seemed to be searching to see if Caesar or someone else was there. "Just me. Josuke told me to tell you hello.," the plum haired child said as her guard motioned her to come in. Santana closed the door behind her and sat at the desk that was in the room. The splendid wooden desk had papers from the Speedwagon foundation on it, files for him to translate and read over.

(Y/n) picked up one of the files and looked at it. It was a report on her family, pictures of her father and uncles were in the folder. Pictures taken by spies and the picture of the mural. The girl looked at the pictures of her father and her. She looked at the pictures of Wamuu and Esidisi afterwards. She put the pictures into her bag. She sensed Santana look at her, he must have known she would take the picture as he pulled out copies of the pictures and put them in the file.
His scarlet eyes looked at her before looking back at the files. The man made a huff, "I had a feeling you would do that, so I asked them to make copies." The small child hopped up onto the desk. She was put on Santana's lap, "The Speedwagon foundation asked me to cross reference these files and translate some of the documents they found." (Y/n) gave Santana a nod and a smile. Her eyes were closed with happiness before she felt something on her head. She looked up and was met with her guard's lips pressed against her forehead, he went back to work after giving her a kiss. "What was that, Santana?," the child asked. Santana did not look at her as he answered, "A kiss. I thought it was appropriate."

The plum haired girl on his lap giggled, "It was. I don't think I have had a kiss from another one of our species since daddy gave me a kiss when putting me to bed." She saw a slight smile appear on Santana's face before it disappeared. He was happy. That was good. The little girl felt glad that he was happy. They were happy. (Y/n) looked at the pictures that she took from the files. The pictures that the spies took were good. Seeing her father's face again made her happy. Seeing her uncles again also made her happy. The small child longed to hear Wamuu's voice again and to feel the warmth of Esidisi's embraces. To be held by her father again.
A finger pressed into her cheek, "(y/n). Do you want to go walk with Josuke?" Scarlet eyes looked down at the child. She nodded and got off of his lap. Santana leaned down when she beckoned him to get closer. The older pillar was surprised with a kiss to his own forehead and a grin from the tiny child. He watched the child leave before getting back to work on the files.