Chapter 2: Joestar siblings

Jonathan and Dio chased their sister around the large yard, their game was to try and catch the little girl before the other could while she tried to avoid both. The little girl squealed when Dio almost grabbed her, causing the blond to laugh when she jumped out of his reach, "I almost had you that time!" "Getting better Dio! I might actually have to put effort into avoiding you two soon!," the girl shouted back to her blond brother. She sensed Jonathan sneaking up behind her to pick her up and jumped as he pounced. She landed on his back when he fell to the ground, "Nice try. Except you do it every time we play." She crouched on her blueish haired brother's back and poked at his hair, a pair of hands grabbed her and she was hugged to Dio's chest, "I have you! First time you were caught was by I, Dio!" "Oh no! You certainly got me.," the girl said dramatically, "Like you weren't using Jonathan to make me lose my guard."
The blue haired boy got up and dusted himself off, "Well, we were finally able to catch her." (Y/n) waved her hands, "Congrats. I have been caught by weakling humans."

Dio felt her forehead, "You're warm. And pale, are you sick?" "I can't get sick like humans, so, I don't know.." the girl replied. Her health had seemed to be on the decline since she woke up. The two boys did not know what was happening to her. But she was starting to burn in the sunlight, so it was time to get back inside. The little girl hugged her blond brother's neck, "It's probably nothing."
"You can tell us if you feel unwell at all.," Jonathan said and sneezed. "Don't tell me both of you have colds.," Dio said as he made a disgusted face. "It's don't have a cold, but I am pretty hungry.," the little girl said. "You have a bigger appetite than both of us.," Jonathan said and wrapped his scarf around his neck. Dio shifted how he was holding his little sister so she was sitting in the crook of his elbow. The blond felt the three horns brush against his cheek as the girl leaned against him. She was sickly looking compared to how she first looked when she woke.

"What are you two going to study in school?," the girl asked, hoping that they would focus on something besides her declining health. Dio puffed up his chest proudly, "I'm studying to be a lawyer." Jonathan snickered as the little girl smiled. The plum haired girl was more supportive, "I hope you become a good lawyer." "I certainly plan to.," Dio replied and glared at his brother, "What are you laughing at?"
"Lawyers end up in Hell, haven't you heard?," Jonathan laughed. Dio sighed, "And you think you're any better, Archeologist? A glorified grave robber?" (Y/n) snickered at her squabbling brothers, "I'm gonna be a princess." "You're already a princess.," Dio said with a smile, "Your highness." "If I'm a princess, then you two are princes. You certainly look the part.," the girl replied, "And father is the king." The three started to laugh. It was peaceful in the Joestar family.

-

Several years passed and the boys grew into fine young men. The girl never grew at all. This raised more alarms as they realized that she would outlive all of them, she would probably have to be passed down to the descendants to be cared for. She grew weaker from some unknown reason. She was always hungry. Nothing satisfied her hunger. She however, never grew angry or bitter, staying kind. Her mind never woke up completely. Jonathan and Dio went to school, studying to be what they aspired to be. Dio was the top of his class in the study of law, and Jonathan was writing an impressive thesis for archeology. Their father was growing sick. He became bedridden with disease. The little girl would stay with her father while her brothers were out doing their schooling or when they were doing their football games.

This day was no different. She was sitting on the bed next to her father as he told her stories of his childhood and of his wife. (Y/n) listened as he spoke. He placed a hand on her soft hair, being careful of the horns after he found out how sensitive the little horns were. "(Y/n). When the boys get back home, how about going into town with them? The fresh air might do you some good.," the man spoke kindly to his adopted daughter. Her red eyes looked down and nodded. She would have to wear that little cloak that he had made for her. The plum haired girl heard her brothers get home and looked to the door when they walked into the room. "Hello father, (y/n).," Jonathan greeted with a smile on his face. Dio walked in after him. "Hello boys, how was school today?," the man asked. The two began to tell them their day, it was a good day at school for the both of them. Dio went to his room to study while Jonathan stayed behind to talk to his father more.