chapter one hundred and ten: Crime

2011, November.
America, Florida.

Cold shock and horror filled the body and heart of the small child as she heard the news from the police officer at the door. Jolyne had been arrested and was going to be tried for her crimes. The crime was vehicular homicide. (Y/n) hid from sight as she shook with cold fear and unholy burning rage. She knew this had to be a mistake, Jolyne could not kill anyone like that. The pillar girl knew that the nineteen year old was innocent, that this had to be a set up. She listened as the door closed and Jolyne's mother wail in dispair. The plum haired child walked to the woman and set her small hands on the woman's larger ones. The woman looked at her with hopeless and sorrowful eyes. She had so many questions for the tiny ancient being before her, yet none of them would come from her lips.
She did not need to speak. (Y/n) already knew what the questions were.
"I'm sorry. I should have watched her more closely.," the child apologized, "But, I'll follow her to wherever she goes and protect her. Like I promised to."
"How are you going to protect her? And who did you promise to?," Jolyne's mother asked with tears in her eyes.
"Jotaro and Jonathan.," (y/n) replied, "I promised them. A long time ago."
The child wordlessly went to the room she stayed in and packed her bags, she would set off to find Jolyne as soon as she had an approximate location.

'Jotaro, I know you distanced yourself from them to protect them, but...,' the child thought, 'Your daughter is suffering from it.'
The plum violet haired pillar girl listened to Jolyne's mother as she spoke to a lawyer on the phone. She was able to get a little more information from listening to the conversation. Jolyne was being held in a holding cell and was awaiting trial. All she had to do was to find the place. (Y/n) huffed in annoyance, if she was not so restrained by rules, she would break Jolyne out herself and find a way to prove that her ward was innocent. She just needed to find Jolyne. She needed to make sure that Jolyne was okay. The pillar child shivered in rage, she froze in place in order to restrain her stand inside of her.
Her red eyes were closed tight and her hands were clasped together, focusing on keeping her enraged father's soul inside.
"I'm mad as well, daddy.," she hissed as the boiling hate for humanity rose in her body.
Her father's burning hatred for humans left her stomach and bones cold. She sighed and took a step towards the door. The woman she was staying with looked to the child, she was still on the phone. Her eyes met with ruby ones that seemed to shine with a light that had been alive for thousands of years. (Y/n) broke her gaze away from he woman and left after gaining more information from the man on the phone. She walked down the sidewalk with all of her things packed.

She ran through all of the possibilities for helping Jolyne, many she could not accomplish because of limitations of law and possible allies being busy. Perhaps she should not have left Esidisi and Wamuu back in Itlay. Her small sandal clad feet tapped on the sidewalk as she walked. The sun was setting, the warmth that came with it was disappearing into the cold and dark night. The little girl walked past people who were going home or going to work on night shifts. Her cloak covered her small body as she walked. The pillar child looked to the sky. She felt saddened by the lack of stars in the sky, light pollution in the area was too great, she was not able to see the stars she loved. The stars that she and her family had looked at together. Her small body picked up speed as she broke into a run then lifted into the sky with her stand wings.
The metallic wings shone in the light as she glided through the cold night. (Y/n)'s mind thought of all the good times she had with the Joestars. She bit back tears as she glided. She set down and lifted off again into the night. The humans below her did not see her glide silently above. Her horns sensed out for Jolyne. Almost for three hours, she glided around to find Jolyne. (Y/n) was beginning to feel hungry again. She needed to feed. But her priority was Jolyne.

"You need to eat, my treasure.," Avalon spoke to his stand user/daughter.
The little child did not need to be told. Her growling stomach was all she needed.
"You could eat some of those prisoners.," the voice of her father continued.
"Daddy, I'm not going to eat anyone. I'm trying to blend into the human populous.," the child replied. She set down at a familiar street, the one with the church that had the strange priest. Her stomach growled again and she sighed, knowing she would have to eat something. Perhaps she will be forced to eat humans again, as much as she hated to. Her small hands shook in the cold night air as she let her horns sense the life around her. Humans in their homes were asleep. Small animals scurried in the darkness. The occasional meow of a cat reached the tiny pillar's ears. The breeze blew in the scent of what was around her. The street lights and moonlight reflected off of the tiny girl's fair skin.
Her small sandal clad feet tapped on the pavement. The skull in her hands gave her a sense of comfort and companionship besides the stand who was with her.
"What do you think, Johnathan?," the tiny pillar spoke to the skull, "Should I eat a gator or a criminal?"
"He's not going to respond.," Avalon spoke to his daughter.
Her red eyes looked up to where he appeared, the blank expression told him that she was not amused by his attempt of a joke. He tapped the top of her head gently with his wing. His metallic face was gentle as he looked at the girl below him.