Chapter seventy: Haunting

Small footsteps creaked on the floorboards of the Nijimura house. (Y/n) held the hand of Okuyasu's father while she walked, Koichi followed behind her. The green mass of gurgling flesh made some soft bubbling noises like he was trying to talk to his two guests. His overall gentle attitude did not reflect the tense air that permeated the home. Koichi had a tense air around him. He was looking everywhere with his green eyes, searching for something that may indicate something was going to jump out and attack them. The small pillar girl, however, was not so tense. She wanted to know just what the heck was going on in this house. The former human that was waddling next to her started to make a whining sound as a side table in the hall they were walking down started to shake. The table flung itself at the three, only to be sliced up by the pillar girl's stand.
"I'll need Josuke to come here and fix this. I have a feeling we'll need Josuke for a lot of this.," (y/n) said and looked down the hall, "Wamuu, did you see that?" "I did. I did not see who did it, though.," the Fallen wind warrior spoke and went to look in another area. "What was that?," Koichi asked, "The table just flew at us, like in one of those Horror movies." "This is probably only the beginning.," the tiny pillar child said and continued with a shaken Koichi behind her. Papa Nijimura let go of her hand and waddled off after his stomach grumbled.

(Y/n) took Koichi's shaking hand, "It's okay, Koichi, I'll keep you safe." The plum haired little girl stepped forward and was followed by the silver haired boy. They walked to the end of the hall. It was Okuyasu's room. There were clothes and things flung everywhere. Some sports equipment were on display. "Ugh. It smells like Okuyasu in here.," the little girl groaned and covered her nose. Koichi was not as heavily affected by the pungent odor as the girl was, his olfactory sense was not as sharp as hers. One of the displays began to rattle. The shaking caught the ears of both Koichi and (y/n) who ducked right as a discus was launched at them. The discus was unharmed, (y/n) picked it up and found it was warm. Like someone had been holding it before it was launched.
"Hey, Koichi. Do you think the library has books on types of hauntings?," the little girl asked her teenaged friend. She turned and found that he was not there anymore. "Koichi!," the little girl yelled. She looked out the door and saw Koichi was against the wall, the wind knocked out of him. "Koichi!," she went to his side and helped him up and got air back into his lungs. Esidisi came to check on the children, "What happened?" "We were attacked! I think we need to check out what this could be.," the little girl replied and helped Koichi down the stairs. A vase was flung at their heads before Wamuu caught it.

The little girl and the silver haired teen were picked up by the dark skinned warrior, who jumped down to the first floor as another table was thrown at them. Koichi yelled in terror at the danger he was in. Knives flew at them from the kitchen. Metal clashed against metal as (y/n)'s stand's wings made a defensive wall against the flying blades. Esidisi and Wamuu got the kids out of the house and shut the door as the Knives flew again. "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!," Koichi yelled as he fell onto the grass. (Y/n) took a few breaths, "I don't know. That's why I want to get to the library." The doorknob started to vibrate violently.  Like someone was shaking it and trying to open it. "Looks like whatever it is wants to follow us, we better go while it can't open doors.," the silver haired teen boy whined and pulled at the girl's cloak. (Y/n) knew that the Nijimura father would be okay with his regeneration ability.
She followed Koichi to the library. The two could only hope that whatever it was did not follow them and calmed the hell down. The two flipped through books of supernatural entities. Koichi found a page about a type of ghost that matched the description of what they were facing, "(y/n) come here." The tiny girl walked over and read the book, "A poltergeist?" "It's the only thin that fits, unless you want to put down an onryo.," the silver haired teen. The little plum haired girl read more about this 'Poltergeist', a type of spirit or occurrence that has two origins. A angry spirit or a latent ability. With how it was acting, (y/n) knew it was an angry spirit. "It's a dead person.," the little girl said and put the book away, "We need to find a way to Exorcise it."