Chapter Twenty six: The Curse from the past

Kakyoin did not question about (y/n) wanting to stay by him that night as he stayed over. The little girl was curled up beside him as he slept. They talked about her brother that night before the red haired male went to sleep. The little plum haired girl was woken up by the screams of her adopted father. Her red eyes looked to the red haired teen who was up as well. "I'll go see what is happening, Noriaki.," (y/n) said as she stood and left.
She walled to the kitchen and overheard that Holly was sick because she had a 'stand'. She also heard that it was her brother's fault that she had the stand. The pillar girl walked in as Joseph and Jotaro had a little scuffle.
Jotaro had a harsh look on his face, "What are we supposed to do? Tell me what needs to be done to make my mother better."  "We have to kill my brother.," (y/n) said, "Finish what Jonathan started one hundred years ago. If Dio made all of you have stands, then his death will end Holly's suffering."

Joseph let his grandson go, "She's right, Dio has to be killed. But the only problem is that we don't know where he is." Holly was taken back to her room and laid into bed as they looked at the photos that Joseph had. (Y/n) looked over the pictures that Joseph had of Dio. These pictures were taken by 'stand power'. Whatever that is. The red eyed girl examined the pictures and saw the heartbreaking truth of what happened one hundred years ago on that honeymoon cruise. She dropped the photo and covered her mouth. That is why she could not pin only one scent, why she could not tell who it was immediately. Dio's head was on Jonathan's body. She felt sick. She could handle seeing people be torn apart by her father and uncles, but this was making her sick. It had to be from her emotional attachment to the two.
The girl kept the bile arising in her throat from coming up. She still loved him. He was her 'older brother'. Joseph explained that he can never tell where Dio was because he always hiding in the shadows. The girl sat beside Avdol and looked at the pictures, she looked at one where she saw his eyes. It was the same eyes she knew from one hundred years ago. It was the same expression she had seen him give Jonathan.

(Y/n) looked at the floor as she thought hard. That scent she picked up with the flesh bud. Where had she smelled it before? Her eyes widened a little. She was Italy. She raised her hand, "I caught Dio's scent before about two years ago. He was in Italy. But I think he was moving west from what I sensed."  Joseph nodded, "That helps a little, (y/n)."
Her red eyes lifted up to Jotaro when he took the photo from her. He was using his 'stand' to look at the picture. He grabbed a notepad and said that his stand saw something in the darkness. The pencil he had was grabbed by an invisible force and it started to draw. The picture that came out was that of a fly. Some sort of tsetse fly. Avdol took the picture of the fly and went to the Kujo's library to look in an encyclopedia for the type of fly it was.

The girl looked to her stepsister. She was so weak. For a moment, (y/n) saw George Joestar. This reminded her of when her first adopted father was sick because of the poison that Dio gave him. The pillar girl could not stay in the room, she was on the edge of just breaking down crying. She left that room and went to somewhere else to hide and cry. She felt like this was all her fault. It was her mask that made Dio into a vampire. Dio wanted power and she never saw it. If only she had not been found. Then perhaps, just perhaps, the Joestars would have been safe. She felt a hand on her shoulder. Her red eyed met violet ones as she wiped the tears from her cheeks.
Kakyoin and Avdol were there. "Miss (y/n)?," Avdol spoke questioningly. "It's all my fault. Dio, this whole situation, it's all because of me.," the little girl cried, "Dio wanted to be more powerful, so he used my mask and threw away his humanity one hundred years ago. Had I not been found, Dio would have been put in prison for his crimes and would have died many years ago. Jonathan would be alive still." Kakyoin and Avdol listened to what the girl said.

"It's happening again. Dio is poisoning someone I love again in his quest to quench his thirst for power. First is was George Joestar, now it is Holly.," the little girl continued, "My brothers, I lost them one hundred years ago. But now one has returned and is wearing the body of another." Avdol looked somewhat surprised before composing himself, "Mr. Joestar did mention that you have lived for a long time and had lived with hid grandfather." "Not just lived, Jonathan and Dio are two that I love deeply. Though not my blood relation, they were my family.," the girl replied and wiped her eyes. She pulled the picture of her adopted family from her bag and showed it to Avdol and Kayoin.
The two looked at the picture and saw what the family looked like as children.
The girl put the picture away and stood, "You two are going after Dio right? I'm going to call the Speedwagon foundation, their doctors will take care of her while you travel to look for him. Humans are so much more delicate than those like I..." the tiny child walked away from the two and to the phone, where she called the Speedwagon foundation headquarters in Tokyo and told them the problem.