Chapter Forty: break away

(Y/n) woke up in the middle of the desert, the harsh sun beat down on her small body. Her cloak was what was saving her from the scorching sunlight. She had been knocked out by the crash and being thrown by the stand that attacked. She rubbed her red eyes and looked around. Empty Sandy desert surrounded her on all sides. She was alone. Whatever or whoever attacked the helicopter must have known to injure her enough so that she would be knocked out. Her body was healing the last bones as she looked around. Thankfully, the assailant did not go after her horns.
Her energy stores were depleted, she needed to eat. But there was nothing around. No animals, no humans, nothing. She would have to go to a nearby city or town and buy an animal to feed on. She got up and looked around her again. Desert. She was never setting foot in another desert ever again. She lifted her small little nose to the air and snuffed at the scents riding the winds. Two sets of hits. One was about twenty kilometers away, a single man in the desert. The other one was a group of people and a dog. Her friends.

The friends who tried to make her go home because it was 'too dangerous to go with them'. (Y/n) scoffed, she was in worse danger over two thousand years ago! Those Hamon tribes that were hunting her down to kill her just because she was Kars's daughter! The girl looked to the sky and was getting her bearings. "With the time of day it is and no stars to help me... I'll have to use the sun... West is...," the little girl spoke to herself and used her shadow to point the direction, "That way! I wonder what papa will think when he finds me at the next town before him."
The small child stumbled to get her footing for a bit then took a giant leap across the dunes, "Deserts... I hate them. I'm going to stick to forests and mountains. Deserts be damned. I can't wait to get back to Japan after all this is done and see those two cuties I found~" The little girl hummed in joy as she thought of the two cute little boys she had met while wandering through Japan. They had their mothers' scents on them heavily, so she was not able to sense who their fathers were. But they were adorable little children nonetheless.

She hopped across the dunes and felt something grab her leg. She felt her body be slammed against the sand. Her red eyes looked back and the hand was back! It was clinging to her leg and dragging her towards the scent of the lone man in the desert. She kicked at the hand and it grew a little larger to restrain both of her legs. (Y/n) did not have time to get injured and get weaker from not eating and constantly healing. The child pillar had to get somewhere to buy a livestock animal!
(Y/n) reached into her bag and pulled her red stone out. "Please work.," she whispered and raised it to the sky to have the sun shine on it. The stone heated up and began to glow in her hand. It shot a beam of light out that the child directed towards the hand dragging her by her feet. The stand let her feet go and disappeared into the sands below. The girl smelled the area again. There was a large water table deep below the sand. That must be how the enemy was moving his stand about. She had been dragged off course. Closer to the stand user. (Y/n) looked around once more and saw a man sitting on a dune off in the distance. He had a staff that he was leaning his head on. His clothes were a little baggy and he looked to be native to this area.
That had to be the stand user. His arm had a burn on it, that was from the child's attack. She gripped her stone and kept walking towards her destination, past the stand user. The sand below her became damp, he had to have been telling her to stay were she was with that.

She looked back to the man. She saw that his eyes were completely white. He must have been using sound to track her since he was blind. She could not use her trick again, she did not think the Lazer would reach the man over there. (Y/n) wondered why this man was following her brother? Her brother would always pick out the most wicked people or the most desperate. A whooshing sound made her look over to see Jotaro and Iggy floating towards her and the enemy on a glider made of sand. It was Iggy's stand, The Fool! Jotaro's ocean green eyes cut to her quickly, he had to have seen the bruises on her legs and arms. His face became angered as he looked to the man on the sands.
(Y/n) felt the watery stand below her move away from her, as if readying itself for an attack. The girl used that time to escape, she had no time for this foolishness. Jotaro could handle himself well in a fight. Her legs used their power to lift her off of the ground and she landed with a heavy impact on the sand. She was reaching a point that she did not need to hold back, grace was useless if she had no energy to manifest it with. She tripped and rolled down a dune. 'I'm too tired for this.,' she thought to herself and picked herself up before jumping off again. This time, she felt like someone had thrown her to give her a boost, but there was nobody around to do so...