Chapter one hundred five: one hundred years of scars

(Y/n) squirmed a bit as her hair was brushed out by her mother. It had been about a week since Giorno had became the boss of the mafia. She had yet to tell him of his origin. She was only padding with stories of her father and uncles. Still she was building strength to tell him of his Joestar heritage. "Mama, I don't think I can do this alone.," the little child spoke. Her coffee brunette mother set down the brush, "Do what, dear?" "Tell him. Tell Giorno where he comes from. I cannot do that alone.," the little girl replied as her ruby red eyes looked at the green heart shaped circlet she held. Her small thumb rubbed on the side of the heart, "I think I may need a bit of help." "Help? What kind of help?," Ivory asked her daughter. "Moral support. Familial support. Perhaps others.," the child responded to her mother and rubbed her horns nervously, "I'm going to have to tell him about Dio and Jonathan soon."
"We will help you, Lady (y/n), in any way you need.," Wamuu spoke and bowed before the Plum haired girl. "Why not just invite them here?," Esidisi asked as he leaned against the wall, "You have the money to purchase plane tickets. Why not purchase the tickets for your Joestar pets?" "It would be nice to see Josuke again.," Santana murmured from his perch on the bed of the bedroom they were in. "That does sound a bit fun.," the tiny pillar replied. She had a small smile on her face that disappeared.

Her tiny jaw clenched tight and she balled her small hands up. "This is our fault. Most of this is our fault.," the little girl spoke. "It may be. But it is not your fault he acted on his greed.," Wamuu spoke, still kneeling before the stool that his tiny master was sat on. His blond head bowed and his eyes were closed. (Y/n) rubbed her horns again, the smooth surface offered no resistance to her small fingers. The horns were beginning to shine from her almost constant rubbing. "It may not be my fault. But the stains still remain. The stains from blood that has been spilt.," She spoke and lowered her hands. Ivory patted her daughter's head. "It's heavy. The memories of seeing people I care for die. They replay. Over and over.," the child continued, "I cannot stop seeing people be hurt. And I can't help but feel like it was always my fault." "One hundred years of sorrow and pain. That is what you have in your heart.," the voice of Avalon spoke as he made his appearance, "You are young. You should not even be experiencing feelings such as this." The silvery stand set down on the floor next to his seated daughter and the kneeling warrior.
Avalon's red jewel eyes looked at his daughter, "While I usually would go after whoever hurt you, I can see the ones that are causing you pain are the ones no longer with us, Us included." "But you are here.," (y/n) replied with a smile that was noticeably forced. "Yet not in the way you would like or need.," the pillar man turned stand spoke and watched as his daughter's smile break, "You cannot hide your thoughts from me, now that we are like this." "Aah, what a pain.," Esidisi sighed from his place next to the door, "I'm surprised you are not showing more signs of trauma than just the horn rubbing and nightmares. Those kids you helped save in Morioh are getting the therapy help they need while you are not."

"I'm supposed to be stronger than them, than humans. I'm supposed to be as strong as you! I'm a pillar, too!," the little girl spoke out, "I want to be strong. I want to protect my humans. I don't want to lose anyone else." "But, you know what has to be done to make that wish a reality.," Avalon said, "We both know that it would be a fate worse than death for them. They would want to have peace." The plum haired child's red eyes looked to the floor, "When they die, I'll be alone again. I'll still be a child as they grow old." "That's the curse of a creature as long lived as us.," Wamuu spoke and raised his head. A sharp knock at the door alerted the young pillar and her ghostly companions. (Y/n) sensed who it was out with her horns. Mista. He should have been in the study with Giorno. "Come in, Mista.," the tiny child spoke and the door opened to let Mista in. He walked in and jumped at seeing Esidisi next to the door. The gunman placed a hand on his chest, "It still scares me when you guys are like out like this."
"Is there something you need, Mista?," the wavy haired girl asked and looked up to the gunman. "Giorno wants to hear more about the past from you.," the gunman spoke, "Plus, work gets boring." "Alright.," (y/n) got off of the stool she was sitting on before following Mista to where Giorno was. Avalon and the other ghosts vanished as their master left them. Narancia was off searching for Fugo, so he was not home. The dark eyed gunman looked down to the tiny child following his footsteps. "You sounded like you were having a serious conversation with your family.," the gunslinger broke the silence between them. "I guess so.," the pillar child replied with a almost emotionless tone. The gunman knelt down, "I know it has been hard since you lost Bucciarati. But you have us, right?" "For how long, though? Seventy years? Maybe less with how dangerous this life is?," (y/n) asked, "I already watched my other father figures disappear in one way or another."