Chapter Forty five: To fight a Void

Word came back that Hol Horse and another stand user failed in their task to eliminate the group that was inching closer and closer to the mansion where DIO hid. That meant that there was nobody but the ones in the mansion left to fight them. (Y/n) knew that he final confrontation was coming upon them. She was wandering the mansion yet again after being forced to drink another bit of blood by DIO, he said it was to make sure she was at full strength. The girl found that there were some extra clothes in the mansion that were her exact size, style preference and fabric preference. It was as if he had been expecting her. Odd.
The little girl was watched the streets when she saw a small familiar face. Iggy! The little Boston terrier was wandering in the streets below the mansion! The dog must have caught her scent because he looked up to the little girl. However, Iggy was not the only one there. Petshop was on duty again. The falcon had spotted the dog. The little girl knew that her adopted father and the others were nearby. Iggy would not have gone far from the rest of the group.

She had to inform D'Arby about the guests that would be arriving soon. The little girl hopped down from the little table she was sitting on and ran around to find the greenish haired man to tell him what she saw. She heard the screech of Petshop going after a prey item. (Y/n) used her sense of smell to look for D'Arby. She found him retrieving a bottle of wine for DIO. "Ah, lady (y/n). Is something the matter?," the man asked. "I saw Iggy. Jotaro and the others should be here soon.," the little pillar spoke and she saw D'Arby's face change a little. "Thank you for telling me.," the man said and walked out of the wine cellar with the child following him, "I shall prepare to greet them, as a butler should. I will also inform the others of their approach."
The green haired man shooed the child away and told her to go play somewhere. The girl pouted but ran off to play in the great room. She sat on one of the soft carpets and played with her porcelain doll. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the woman again. The woman was appearing more frequently. It had to be around that time again...
The young half pillar played with her doll more and saw the room around her change. That one guy that she avoided must have used his illusion stand to make this. He had to be nearby. She felt his stand envelop the mansion. What was this guy's name again? Not that it mattered, he was stupidly weak. The plum haired child sighed as she felt a hand rub her head, she did not feel anyone near her. The ghost again... The child waved her tiny hands trying to shoo the spirit away but got a glimpse of the woman giggling.

(Y/n) pouted and kept playing with her doll in the great room. She saw D'Arby pass by, presumably to meet the ones who had just gotten to the door. The girl got up to follow and stayed in the darkness to listen to them. She heard D'Arby introduce himself to the guests and tell them that he knew they defeated his elder brother. The plum haired girl peered out from the darkness and saw that D'Arby moved aside to welcome the group into the mansion. She quickly moved deeper into the darkness when she sensed Polnareff look towards her.
She listened to D'Arby speak about he and his brother's differences before telling them, "Please enter if you wish to fight me and Find (y/n)." This made the group even more on edge. Jotaro stepped up to fight D'Arby.
The tiny pillar knew it would be better to go back into the mansion to wait. She sat back in the spot she was playing in before. Her doll set snugly in her small and fair arms. It was afternoon. In a few hours, the sub would start to set. Then DIO would be free to move about as he pleases. She used her horns to sense around her. She sensed Vanilla Ice wandering about in his horrifying stand. She saw it once and it scared her. She could feel the air be dispersed by the movement he was doing. 'How much does it cost to repair that he destroys?,' the the girl thought to herself as she felt him moving about and saw him peek out of the void to look around. "Hey, how much do you destroy with your stand?," the girl asked and the man looked to her. "Go stay with Master DIO.," the man said before disappearing again with his stand.

The girl got up when she heard the voices of Polnareff and Avdol. She was going to walk a flight of stairs when she heard Polnareff speak, "(y/n)!" The little girl's eyes looked to the place she heard his voice. She saw him, Avdol and Iggy looking at her in surprise and a little fear. The child hopped up the steps quickly as Polnareff gave chase. "Please, come back! We were so worried!," She heard Polnareff call after her before she heard Avdol tell him to be careful and that there may be stand users nearby. He was not wrong.
Iggy found the stand user that was creating the illusion and sliced him up with his stand, the fool.
The illusion broke and the three saw (y/n) again, hugging the doll she had in her hands. Polnareff was very relieved in expression. "(Y/n), thank goodness you are safe.," the silver haired Frenchman sighed and kneeled by the girl, "You're not injured are you? He didn't hurt you?" The plum haired girl held up her doll for him to see. "Oh, your doll?," Polnareff asked and looked, "She is fixed, and changed a little. She looks good."
"Polnareff, we should continue on, DIO is here.," Avdol said, "(y/n), do you know where DIO is?" The child nodded, "The tower, that's his room, he does not allow anyone in without permission."