Chapter forty one: Cairo

"I HATE YOU!," (y/n) screamed and she ran as fast as her legs could take her, leaving Joseph and the others stunned. She kept running after gaining an understanding of what direction she was going in. Her strides turned into bounding leaps that made her seem to glide across the landscape like it was nothing, she followed the Nile river as the sun went down. If she followed it, she would eventually reach Cairo. Where her brother was. She could end it for everyone right there.
Her plum hair tailed behind her as she ran and alighted on different structures when she made it into different cities. Her rage was beginning to wear off after she passed through five major cities, with the settlement of her rage came the wave of exhaustion. She did not stop and kept pressing on until she collapsed in the dirt along the road.

'Almost there.,' she thought to herself and picked herself up, 'Just have to make it to Cairo.' She continued on. Even though her body was telling her to slow down and take a nap. She could not sleep. She had to get to Cairo and end this whole thing. She had to end it for everyone. The girl kept pressing forward. Going on and on until the lights of Cairo lit up the horizon. She had made it on her own. She forced her body to shake off its sleepiness as she walked into Cairo as the sun rose.
Thanks to the Nile river, cities like these have grown on an otherwise completely desert country. Why Dio decided that a desert country would be the best to start conquering the world, (y/n) did not know. She walked through the streets as the humans in the city woke up from their slumbers and went to work while the ones who were out at night hid from the rising sun. The streetlamps dimmed as their usefulness had run out in the day. The plum haired pillar child wondered where she would find her brother.

She could always looked at places that he might like based on his tastes. He had expensive tastes. He always liked the expensive and fanciful things. So she would have to investigate the more expensive homes in the area. There was also the fact that he may have servants, so she would have to be careful of them if she did find her brother's lair. The plum haired girl stumbled a little but caught herself. She had no time to be sleepy and weak. She needed to find her brother.
(Y/n) pulled her hood over her head to hide her horns and shield herself from the harsh sunlight. 'Now where are you, big brother?,' the child thought to her self as she wandered around. She was hungry. Healing her body was taking a toll on her. She needed to eat something. Her red eyes scanned over the streets as humans came out of the stone houses and went about their lives. They had no idea of the dangerous man that was nearby or what he was capable of. Humans paid little to no attention to the small girl that was wandering the streets.

What could it hurt to find somewhere to rest now that she was in Cairo? She needed food. She needed sleep, but she needed to find her brother. (Y/n) continued to walk and wander until she came to a street of buildings that looked older than the others. These were probably the historical mansions that were very expensive and only used by the wealthiest of Egyptians. The plum haired girl heard a chattering of a bird and looked up to see a falcon flying overhead. The falcon wore a helmet and had a scarf on. Its eyes were watching her as it circled above her.
Something was off about that falcon. She carefully watched the falcon as she passed by the mansion. It had to be someone's pet with how it was dressed. It landed and screeched at her as she was walking away. This made her come back and look at the bird on the fence. "What? Is there something you want?," the girl asked the bird. It bobbed its head and flapped its wigs while making a gutteral crackling noise. "I don't have food for you, I'm trying to find my brother.," the little girl said to the bird as it tilted its head to her and clicked its beak together, "I'm sorry."

She walked away from the gate and the bird, she took her porcelain doll from her bag and hugged it. The crack was spread right across its face. This made the little girl sad. Her once immaculate doll was now cracked. She continued walking and exploring the area. Her exhaustion was catching up to her as she was walking along, she finally turned back and walked back along the long street that led to those historic mansions.
(Y/n) was struggling to keep going and keep her eyes open. That water stand user really made her use a lot of energy to heal from her injuries. Her red eyes snapped open after shutting when she heard the bird screech again. The gate he was on was open. The young girl looked into the gate, but decided against going in. She was not supposed to trespass onto private property. The plum haired pillar sat down outside the gate and dozed there as the bird watched on. It made some soft cackling noises and not much else.