Chapter Seventy-two: the tears

Soft beeping filled the ears of the small pillar girl. She was breathing softly as she woke. There was a blood bag attached to her, it was draining quickly to the horror of the nurse beside her. This human did not know what was happening. (Y/n) looked over to the other bed. She saw Shigechi. He looked to be stable. The nurse was watching the monitors instead of the children. The child disconnected from the blood bag and monitors before hopping over to Shigechi. She curled up next to her friend. The nurse was scared when the child disappeared and the monitors started to screech. The poor nurse only settled down after seeing the two children were together. The tiny girl was curled up next to her friend.
The nurse turned off the monitor and checked the girl's pulse and breathing. All were healthy. This nurse tried to put the child back into her own bed. The child adamantly held onto the boy. Her tiny hands held onto her friend. The girl opened her red eyes and looked up to the nurse. The woman was struck with a bit of fear from seeing those red eyes along with the tiny horns, then the teeth as the little child yawned.

"What happened to you and your friend yesterday?," the nurse asked. "Someone tried to kill us. I don't know why, but I did everything I could to get him here.," (y/n) answered truthfully, "I did not want any visitors, because the one who attacked us might come to finish the job." "You're... surprisingly calm.," the nurse spoke as she checked Shigechi. The plum haired girl held Shigechi's hand, "No need to panic when keeping a cool head is better for survival." "Well, is there someone you can call?," the nurse asked. The child nodded. The nurse led the child to a phone she could use, the girl dialed the number for the grand Morioh hotel and The room number for Jotaro.
She waited as the phone rang. It was picked up. "Hello?," the voice of Kakyoin asked. "Kakyoin, I'm in the hospital. Shigechi and I were attacked by a stand user.," the girl told the man. Kakyoin went silent, "Kakyoin?" "Who attacked you?," Asked Jotaro. "I don't know.," the girl replied, "But I do know he is dangerous. I was close to being killed, Shigechi is on the borderline." Jotaro was quiet before speaking again, "Do a cover up for his parents, yet let them know how he is. They need to know. We'll need you to help us find him." "Okay.," the little girl spoke, "I think he was the serial killer though, he smelled like death." "Then we need to find him and stop him.," Jotaro said.

The girl hung the phone up and went to check on Shigechi again. He was pale and looked weak, yet he was awake. "(Y/n).," he whined weakly. "Shigechi, how do you feel?," the child asked. "I don't feel good.," Shigechi whined, "Where's my mommy and daddy? I want Mommy and Daddy." "I'll get them for you.," the little girl spoke, "I'll be back. I just need to call them." The boy's blue eyes were filled with tears of pain. He was not used to pain such as this, not like she was. Her small feet padded on the floor as she went to call her friend's parents. His mother picked up the phone and (y/n) carefully told her that they had been attacked and were at the hospital. She made sure to tell the woman that Shigechi was okay, just crying for his mommy.
The woman thanked the child for getting her son to the hospital and protecting him. Shigechi's mom hung up in order to drive to the hospital. (Y/n) hung up the phone just as the doctor that treated her and Shigechi walked by. He saw the girl up and walking around. "You should not be able to even walk after the injuries you got.," the doctor said and took her back to her room, "You have to be one of my toughest patients." "I only wanted to tell Shigechi's parents where he was.," the girl spoke, "I also had to call my family to tell them where I was." "You told us not to let in visitors.," the doctor spoke. "That was to keep whoever attacked us from coming to kill us here.," the little girl replied, "Just in case he was a hired man or a psychopathic killer. I will allow a few visitors now. But only if they are Shigechi's or my family. My family will be under the name Joestar or Higashikata."

The doctor made her sit in her hospital bed as he checked both her and Shigechi. "My family will pay the bill.," the little girl said as she sat on the bed. Shigechi was still sniffling from crying in pain. The doctor let them be alone. (Y/n) sat on the bed quietly and felt the area with her horns. She felt the doctors and nurses around, she sensed patients. Who was sick and who was close to death. The red eyed girl had her eyes closed. She felt a familiar presence as Shigechi's mother entered the building. The woman was shown to the room. The young pillar heard the relief in her voice. Shigechi hugged his mother and cried.
(Y/n) sat on the Hospital bed. Legs crossed and eyes closed. Her horns sensing the area. She was calm and ready to defend her friend and his mother. Her horns felt an approaching energy. She heard tapping footsteps and Jotaro walk into the room with Santana behind him. "Santana, Jotaro.," The girl spoke with a smile, "I'm glad to see you. It was scary." Santana picked her up immediately and held her against his body in a strong embrace. The small child snuggled against her guard. Shigechi's mother stood and looked at Santana and (y/n). "Thank you again.," She smiled, "Shigechi is lucky to have friends like you."