Chapter 50

The remainder of the orcs retreated and Legolas and I smiled in victory. We did it! Aragorn and Gimli ran over to us. We all smile at each other and head over to the army of the dead. Aragorn steps forward as the King speaks, "Release us." Gimli starts talking, "Bad idea. Very handy in a tight spot, these lads. Despite the fact, they're dead." The King got angry at this, "You gave us your word." "I hold you oath fulfilled," Aragorn starts, "Go. Be at peace." The King smiles and the army off the dead slept disappear into the wind. We all look around in sadness as people cradle their loved ones bodies. Legolas pulled me closer and a single tear slides down my cheek. There has been too much loss.
~~~~
Gimli sat on the throne smoking his pipe, and Legolas along with myself stood beside Eomer.

"Frodo has passed beyond my sight. The darkness is depending." Gandalf spoke. Aragorn, who had his back to us, started talking, "Of Sauron had the ring, we would know it." Gandalf looked troubled, "It's only a matter of time. He has suffered a defeat, yes, but behind the walls of Mordor our enemy is regrouping." Gimli interjects, "Let him stay there. Let him rot. Why should we care?" Gandalf looks across at the dwarf, his face ashen, "Because ten thousand orcs now stand between Frodo and mount doom. I have sent him to his death."

Aragorn turns around suddenly, "No. There is still hope for Frodo. He needs time and safe passage across the plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that." I furrow my eyebrows, "How?" "Draw out Sauron's armies. Empty his lands. Then we after our full strength and march on the black gate." Aragorn answers. At this, Gimli chokes on his pipe. Eomer steps forward, "We cannot achieve victory from strength of arms." Aragorn shook his head, "Not from ourselves, but we can give frisk his chance if we keep Sauron's eye fixed upon us. Keep him blind to all else that moves." "A diversion." Legolas said with realization. Gandalf mumbles something to Aragorn and I speak up, "Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" Gimli laughs and pats me on the shoulder.