Chapter 31

*LISTEN TO THE SONG. IT FITS AWESOMELY.*

I sat in the watch tower for hours. Legolas had come up and tried to comfort me but I just wanted to be alone. I looked out and saw something that made me smile for the first time dive the accident. Aragorn.

I ran down the steps and halls until I finally reached the gate. "Where is he? Get outta my way. I'm gonna kill him!" I heard a familiar dwarf say. I watched hidden in the crowd as he stormed over to Aragorn, " You are the luckiest, the canniest, and the most reckless man I ever knew." Gimli paused for, a minute then patted Aragorn on the shoulder, "Bless you laddie." "Gimli, where is the king?" Aragorn asked.

Gimli lead him down a corridor and I quietly followed. Legolas emerged, "You're late. You look terrible." He said the last sentence in English and frowned. He was right. Aragorn had a very bad injury on his shoulder and he was slightly pale.

Legolas nodded over to me and I slowly emerged from my place behind a corner. Aragorn turned to me as gave me a soft smile. I started off taking slow steps towards him but but the end I was sprinting and landed in his open arms.

I felt tears build up in my eyes but I held them back as I pulled away and started punching his chest, "Don't you ever scare me like that again." He grabbed my fists in his hands and slowly lowered them. I smiled softly and let the necklace fall into his hand. Aragorn was finally back.
~~~~
"A great host, you say?" Theoden said after Aragorn explained the huge army from Isengard on their way to destroy us. "All Isengard is emptied." Aragorn stated. "How many?" The King asked. "Ten thousand sting at least." I cringed slightly in my spot between Legolas and Gimli. "Ten thousand?" Theoden said in shock. "It is an army bred for a single purpose; to destroy the world of men. They will be here by nightfall." Aragorn said. Theoden started to walk away from us, "Let them come!"