Chapter 13

I walked along the dead leaves searching for Frodo. I spotted Boromir speaking to Frodo so I hid behind a tree and watched. "You suffer. I see it day-by-day. You sure you do not suffer needlessly? There are other ways, Frodo. Other paths that we might take." Frodo spoke when Boromir finished. "I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart." "Warning?" Boromir stated confused. He took a step but Frodo backed up. "Against what?" Frodo walked around and headed closer in my direction. "We're all afraid, Frodo, but to let that fear drive us, to destroy what hope we have, don't you see that is madness?" The way Boromir spoke made me get chills. He was not himself. It was the ring. "There is no other way." Frodo spoke but I could sense a sliver of fear in his voice from Boromir. "I ask for only the strength to defend my people!" Boromir threw down the would he was holding and I put my hand on the hilt of my sword. "If you would lend me the ring-" "No." Frodo said with fear and took a step back. They were only about 10 ft in front of me now. "Why do you recoil? I am no thief." Boromir seemed to be getting more angry as he spoke even as he tried to fight it. The ring was messing with him more. The power too much for him. "You are not yourself." Frodo said with slight power to his tone. "What chance do you think you have? They will find you. They will take the ring, and you will beg for death before the end!" I pulled my sword from its hilt quietly in case Boromir made a move to hurt Frodo. Frodo started walking away but Boromir got furious and and stormed to Frodo, "You fool! It is not yours, save by an unhappy chance. It could have been mine." He tackled Frodo and tried to take the ring but Frodo slipped it on his finger and disappeared. I knew he was just invisible as he kicked Boromir back and ran away.

I jumped from behind the tree and pointed my sword at Boromir, "How dare you lay a hand on Frodo. You are not yourself Boromir. The ring is trying to take over your mind. Fight it. Fight Boromir. Do not let the rings power over you succeed." He was silent for a few moments, "Frodo? Frodo?" He started crying and I slowly lowered my sword and crouched beside him, "What have I done?" "Do not blame yourself Boromir. You had not control." I patted his shoulder trying to comfort him as he wept. I was still cautious of Boromir but none the less he was still my friend. He turned to look at me, "Oh Raina, I have let you all down. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me of my actions." I nodded and hushed him, "Shh it's all right Boromir. I shall not blame you for what you did."

Suddenly a roar come from near and an arrow whizzed by my head. Time for another battle.