Chapter 6

I went and sat next to Legolas who had his legs dangling off the edge. We were currently waiting for Gandalf to remember which way to go. "Hi." I said as I kicked my legs. "Look-" we both said at the same time. I giggled, "You first." He looked at me a sighed, "I'm sorry about earlier. I was out of line. Thank you for saving me. Again." I shook my head and smiled, "And I'm sorry for getting angry. I should've understood you were just looking out for me." He smiled and we both looked down into the obis below out feet.

"You're not like other female elves, Raina." I looked at Legolas in confusion, "What do you mean?" He smiled and glanced at me for a moment, "You're brave, a very skilled huntress, and your knowledge of Middle Earth's history is astonishing. Plus you look more human." I looked away from him and blushed. "Can I be honest with you?" He nodded for me to continue, "I'm scared. I don't know what I'm doing half the time. I don't think. I just do. I never look at consequences. I'm just scared that one day my choice won't be the right one." I turned to Legolas with tears in my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

He scooted closer so he was brushing against my side and wrapped his arm around me, "Raina, you do not need to be scared. You may believe you don't know what you're doing, but you do. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here. Your strength amazes me, and I don't just mean physically. Your mentality is beyond compare. You're scared, everyone is scared. I'm scared, Aragorn's scared, even Gandalf is scared. It's because we know this will either end with conquering evil, or having the blood of every man shed. It's okay to be scared, but let me promise you this. I will not let anything happen to you. I will pull you up from every cliff you fall off, I will shoot every tentacle that dares to grab you. I will do everything in my power to protect you. To make you feel safe."

I turned to him and realized something from looking into his eyes. He meant it. He leaned on slightly and I copied. Our lips were only a few inches away from each othe-

"Oh! It's that way." Legolas helped me up and we walked over to Gandalf who was now walking through one of the pathways. "He's remembered!" Merry said with happiness. "No," Gandalf started, "But the air doesn't smell so foul down here. If in doubt Meriadoc, always follow your nose."

EDITED 15/03/15