Chapter 28

I found him leaning against a tree out of eyesight from the group. I walked over and smiled, "It is a beautiful night." He looked at me, "I can think of something more beautiful to stare at." I blushed slightly.

He sat down with his back against the tree and pulled me down so I was sitting on his lap. "Have you ever thought about what you're going to do after the war?" He asked softly as he twirled a piece of my hair.

I smiled, "If I survi-" "You will." He cut me off and I giggled before continuing, "I want to start a family. I want to sit my children in front of me and have Aola gallop as fast as she can over the plains. I wish to watch my children find love when they least expect it. I want my children to look and me and know how much I care for them, and how I would do anything to protect them." I turned to Legolas to speak but he cut me off by kissing me. I wound my hairs through his hair while his tightened around my waist. I slept shifted so I was now straddling his lap. We continued kissing for a few moments before he pulled away, "When we survive this war, we will get married and start a family. Together." I smiled and planted a kiss to his cheek, "Sounds wonderful."
~~~~
I woke up in the middle of the night and quietly got out of Legolas' grasp on my waist. I exited the tent, trying not to laugh at Gimli's snoring, and made me way over to Aragorn who was smoking his pipe. "Can't sleep?" I asked and took a seat next to him. He smiled, "You know me so well." I laughed quietly and stared at the stars. "You love him?" He asked and I smiled, "With all my heart." Aragorn felt happy with my answer, "I trust him with you. I know he will keep you safe no matter what the cost." I leaned my head on Aragorn's shoulder and smiled softly. I do too.