Chapter 39

We barricaded the door with anything we could find in the great hall. A guard bumped into me and I fell to the floor in pain. Legolas ran to my side, "Raina, you must sit. You're losing blood." I weakly nodded and allowed him to lead me over to some stairs. He ripped off a piece of a tablecloths and wrapped it tightly around my wound to slow the bleeding. He planted a kiss on my forehead and ran back to Aragorn. "It is over." King Theoden said, defeat laced in his voice. Aragorn spoke up, "You said this fortress would never fall while your men defend it. They still defend it. They have died defending it. Is there no other way for the women and children to get out of the caves? Is there no other way?" Theoden's head soldier spoke up, "There is one passage. It leads into the mountains. But they will not get far. The Urak-hai are too many." Aragorn was silent for a moment, "Tell the women and children to make for the mountain pass. And barricade the entrance."

"So much death," The king spoke, "What can men do against such reckless hate?" "Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them." Aragorn said. "For death and glory." The King spoke and I rose to my feet. I had gained some strength from the pressure on the wound and resting. "For Rohan." I said and the king smiled, "For your people." "The sun is rising." I froze at Gimli's words.

"Look at my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn look at the east." Gandalf's voice echoed through my head.

"Look to the east." I mumbled but nobody paid no mind.

"Yes. Yes. The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the Deep one last time. Let this be the hour, we draw swords together." The door was almost smashed open. We all pulled out our weapons and climbed onto our horses as King Theoden continued to speak, "Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red dawn." The horn blew as the doors opened and more Urak-Hai flooded in.

Aola got up on her hein legs and charged. I sliced through the many beasts as we finally made it to the bridge. "Look to the east." I said to myself as saw Gandalf standing there o Shadowfax. Shadowfax neighed which caused Aola to go into killing machine. Suddenly, Eomer and his men emerged from behind Gandalf and charged. I laughed with glee and rode towards Gandalf.

We fought what was left of the army and cheered in victory. I climbed off of Aola and ran to Legolas. He pulled me into his arms and spun me in a circle. I laughed and pulled his face towards mine for a passionate kiss. We did it. We prevailed.