Chapter 26

I watched as two men tried to hold down Aola as she started having a meltdown. I walked over but a man stopped me, "That horse is half mad, my lady. There's nothing you can do. Just leave her." I ignored him and stood in front of her, "Hush now my beloved Aola. You will get to see Shadowfax in time. For now, you must maintain your recklessness for me." I stroked her nose as she slowly calmed down. "You are safe, Aola."

The men holding her and looked at me in amazement. "How did you do that?" One asked in disbelief. I explained to them about Aola and how she was mine. Aola and I's bond was so very hard to achieve.

I went to go put my saddle on her, but saw it was missing. I turned back around and saw Legolas placing it on her back. I smiled at him and started to tighten it. Once I finished, I attached my bag and gave Aola an apple before leading her to Legolas, who was waiting beside a saddled up Arod.

I placed a chaste kiss on his lips, "Hello, my beloved." I whispered after I pulled away. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my body flush against his. "It seems our well needed break must now come to an end." He spoke softly as he twirled a piece of my naturally pastel blue hair in his fingers. "I am afraid all good things must come to an end." Legolas chuckled and planted a kiss on my cheek, "But just think; When this war is finally over, we can have all the alone time we could ever ask for." I smiled, "I like the sound of that." I told two guards to look after the horses before leading Legolas out of the stables.

We came to a stop in front of the bedroom I had been occupying, "Sorry I just forgot something. One second." I walked into the room and grabbed the familiar beige envelope laying ontop of the dresser. I still hadn't opened it but I didn't feel like it was the right time. Maybe there never would be a right time.